BCD996 P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Where can I find the cost of the DMR and etc. I have searched most of the forms here and im not finding it! I was just curious! Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Go to the product pages on Uniden's web site. There are links to the available upgrades, prices shown at those link destinations.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I just talked to a guy from Scanner Master and he said there is no DMR or NXDN yet for the 996p2, im getting very conflicted reports now and Im already slow and confused as it is!!! LOL

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
The only Uniden models that are capable of handling the current DMR upgrade, or a possible future NXDN upgrade, are the BCDx36HP models. The 996P2 doesn't have the hardware for those upgrades.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. I'd posted an immediate followup that didn't make it into the thread. It said:

"That said, there is no current upgrade for the BCD996P2. DMR and ProVoice upgrades are available only for the BCD436HP and BCD536HP."

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. I'd posted an immediate followup that didn't make it into the thread. It said:

"That said, there is no current upgrade for the BCD996P2. DMR and ProVoice upgrades are available only for the BCD436HP and BCD536HP."

10-4 thanks !

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Curious, since the 996P2 can receive "phase 2" (TDMA) transmissions on 700/800 Mhz trunking, why would it's current "hardware" prohibit it from being able to receive DMR's "TDMA" on VHF/UHF conventional?

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
The question on whether or not the hardware can handle all the protocols being added to the stock x36HP line is, in my view, largely irrelevant. Adding the protocols would undercut sales of the x36HP line.

It's not an evil plot for your money. It's just business.

JamesO

The question on whether or not the hardware can handle all the protocols being added to the stock x36HP line is, in my view, largely irrelevant. Adding the protocols would undercut sales of the x36HP line.

It's not an evil plot for your money. It's just business.

This is my thinking, until a competitor comes out with DMR, ProVoice or NXDN in a lower price scanner, there is little incentive for Uniden to add these features to the Phase 2 scanners, assuming they had all the hooks to support it. But what is the profit margin on the HP series radios vs the profit margin on the software key for unlocking the additional features.

I would like to see DMR or other features on the Phase 2 scanners, seems that this should come about at some point, but is this a platform technical issue or business decision??

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Like I said, the "Hardware" should already be in place, Phase 2 is TDMA, "DMR" is TDMA......

Status
Not open for further replies.