BCD996p2 and DMR . How to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

user4950

Recently purchased a BCD996p2 replacing a BCD996t receiver . The new scanner has the recent DMR update and up to date firmware .

I am trying to scan DMR signals with limited success . Using the data from this site I have been able to scan a simplex site and also a trunked system in my area ( Northern New Jersey ) . However on some systems such as the Prudential Center system my scanner shows strong bars but no received channels . I tried the Pru system for over an hour tonight with an event taking place . My experience and knowledge of DMR systems is limited and feel I am not properly setting up some systems .

Is there a site or a an article that explains for the newbie how to set up and scan DMR systems on the BCD996p2 ?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I can't find a "Prudential Center" system in RRDB. Can you provide a link?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Looks like all you need to do for them is program all the freq's into a conventional system. Pretty inefficient way to use DMR, but if RRDB is correct, that is it.

user4950

Thanks for the info and the reply . I noticed in the lower right of my screen of some channels there appears a S and a number . I'm assuming that is the slot number . Is this irrelevant for our scanning purposes ? There also appears the letter t and a number . I'm assuming this is the color code . What confuses me is that on some channels the number keeps hopping between 1 and 2 . Should it not be one or the other ?

Status
Not open for further replies.