BCD996P2 audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
I have a problem with my 996P2. I hear dispatch just fine,but when someone who isn't in dispatch talks,I can barely hear them. I've tried several settings and moving thr scanner into a different room with no luck.
I have 2 other Phase I scanners that I don't have this problem with.
Any ideas?

K4EET

Chaplain
I have a problem with my 996P2. I hear dispatch just fine,but when someone who isn't in dispatch talks,I can barely hear them. I've tried several settings and moving thr scanner into a different room with no luck.
I have 2 other Phase I scanners that I don't have this problem with.
Any ideas?

Is it on one particular system or multiple different systems? Is it the same on conventional and trunked?

Ubbe

If it is a repeater system and not a simplex system then the scanner settings aren't different for dispatch or patrols. If it is simplex like a 150Mhz channel then it might be that the patrols keep the mic in its holder or are holding the mic in their lap. Iv'e seen a lot of that in the police documentarys. Sometimes it is deliberatly adjusted to give dispatch a stronger modulation, as it is of a higher priority to hear dispatch and not other patrols higher enviroment noise in cars and when they are on foot patrol.

/Ubbe

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
Is it on one particular system or multiple different systems? Is it the same on conventional and trunked?
It's on any trunked system I listen to.
I've messed with the threshold as well. Going. I've tried everyone of them.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
I'm using ARC XT.
I'm using my phone to post I'll upload it later from the laptop. I'm trying a few different things to see if it works. Not much radio traffic this morning.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
there is no problem with your scanner, its the subscribers radio, the tx audio is set to low, that is the issue and there is nothing that you can do except use the volume offset for that rid to make that radio sound as loud to you as the rest of them.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
there is no problem with your scanner, its the subscribers radio, the tx audio is set to low, that is the issue and there is nothing that you can do except use the volume offset for that rid to make that radio sound as loud to you as the rest of them.
I tried the audio offset and it makes dispatch even louder.
Here is the file I am using

Attachments

• VIGO992.zip
    277 bytes · Views: 9

tvengr

Well Known Member
I believe the problem may be the programming. You are scanning the Terre Haute site twice, with one system not including THPD. After dispatch, you are scanning the Terre Haute and Vigo County sites on the other system and missing the reply completely. I am going to combine the 2 systems into one and let's see if that helps.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
I believe the problem may be the programming. You are scanning the Terre Haute site twice, with one system not including THPD. After dispatch, you are scanning the Terre Haute and Vigo County sites on the other system and missing the reply completely. I am going to combine the 2 systems into one and let's see if that helps.
I have done it both ways. I used that file and had just THPD on it nothing else and didn't help.
I just redone it again with everything added into 1 system and still the same.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
Have some things to do. Will get back to you later.
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it and take your time. I have others I can use until it's figured out. Just weird how my other scanners are fine and this one isn't.
I have the Whistler WS1040 and Radio Shack Pro 652

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here are the files: Pressing 1 and 2 on the keypad will toggle the Terre Haute and Vigo County sites on and off for the Vigo County IN trunked system. Pressing 3 and 4 will toggle the TerreHaute EDACS and IN Univ Health systems on and off. Since the latter systems each have only a single group, I changed the group quick keys to None. With a quick key of None, the groups will be active anytime the system is on and you don't have to worry about accidentally turning them off. The zipped file includes the 3 system files plus a new profile for the renamed files. Quick keys as follows:

Vigo County IN (System)
System Quick Keys:
1. Terre Haute (Site)
2. Vigo County (Site)
Group Quick Keys:
1. Mutual Aid
2. Emergency Ops
3. Emerg Management
4. Vigo Co Fire
5. Vigo Co Sheriff
6. Terre Haute PD
7. W Terre Haute PD