BCD996P2 audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
Here are the files: Pressing 1 and 2 on the keypad will toggle the Terre Haute and Vigo County sites on and off for the Vigo County IN trunked system. Pressing 3 and 4 will toggle the TerreHaute EDACS and IN Univ Health systems on and off. Since the latter systems each have only a single group, I changed the group quick keys to None. With a quick key of None, the groups will be active anytime the system is on and you don't have to worry about accidentally turning them off. The zipped file includes the 3 system files plus a new profile for the renamed files. Quick keys as follows:

Vigo County IN (System)
System Quick Keys:
1. Terre Haute (Site)
2. Vigo County (Site)
Group Quick Keys:
1. Mutual Aid
2. Emergency Ops
3. Emerg Management
4. Vigo Co Fire
5. Vigo Co Sheriff
6. Terre Haute PD
7. W Terre Haute PD
8. IN State Univ
9. IN State Police
Other System Quick Keys:
3. TerreHaute EDACS
4. IN Univ Health (Conv)
Thanks I'll give it a try and see if it clears up my problem.
Appreciate it!!

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
I like how it's set up but didn't fix the problem I'm having unfortunately. Still the same issue.
Could it be that I'm listening to a Phase I system on a Phase II scanner? Conventional channels are almost crystal clear on this scanner.
I really like the scanner but if I can't hear or have to blast the scanner to hear what the other side is saying then what's the point of having it?

tvengr

Well Known Member
The 996P2 will receive both P25 Phase1 and Phase 2. What happens if you turn off the other 2 systems and use only the Terre Haute site on the Vigo County IN trunked system?

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
The 996P2 will receive both P25 Phase1 and Phase 2. What happens if you turn off the other 2 systems and use only the Terre Haute site on the Vigo County IN trunked system?
Same outcome. It's pretty confusing why this one won't work right but the other scanners work fine. Which are just Phase I scanners.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
what if you manually put them in as conventional ??
How would that make any difference?
I've reset the scanner each time I have uploaded a different file to it and it would take forever to program it manually.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In the ARC-XT configuration editor, there are 2 digital AGC settings under the General Settings tab. Make a note of the original values to be able to return to normal. You can Read from Scanner first to make sure you are changing only the AGC settings. Try changing settings and then Send to Scanner.

Last edited:

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
In the ARC-XT configuration editor, there are 2 digital AGC settings under the General Settings tab. Make a note of the original values to be able to return to normal. You can Read from Scanner first to make sure you are changing only the AGC settings. Try changing settings and then Send to Scanner.
I'll have to look and see. I'm not familiar with the software like I am with the other one I used for my other scanners.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
It didn't change anything. I took a picture of my settings before I changed anything so I could go right back to them

wtp

the conventional thing is to see if it makes a difference.
you say the conventional systems are ok, so try it this way.
it would be something about trunking that changes it then.

bryank104

Premium Subscriber
Could it be the system your monitoring and not the scanner. Renesslear county ny people were having the same problerm. The dispatch regular volume and the cars low volume. It was the way the system was set up.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
Could it be the system your monitoring and not the scanner. Renesslear county ny people were having the same problerm. The dispatch regular volume and the cars low volume. It was the way the system was set up.
I have 2 other scanners and they work ok on the same system. Everything comes in at a normal volume. The only difference is in brand and Phase I and II

Bob1955

I have a problem with my 996P2. I hear dispatch just fine,but when someone who isn't in dispatch talks,I can barely hear them. I've tried several settings and moving thr scanner into a different room with no luck.
I have 2 other Phase I scanners that I don't have this problem with.
Any ideas?
shawn1976-You have the BEST scanner Uniden America Corporation ever made. I own the same one. I'm using my stock antenna in the lowest floor of a (5) story building with concreate construction. It works very well but I'm going to buy the Comet BNC-W100RX and this is a metal swivel-black in color for the most part(for base and handheld scanners) and is 8" collapsed and 40" high. It has great ratings and Comet is a very good company. The Antenna Farm and Amazon.com both carry it. If you order via eBay, just sales tax and no shipping and it comes from The Antenna Farm. I have read reports that the BNC on this antenna has been known to be hard to either get on or off a scanner and some customers BNC mount got broken. It is probably BS but in any case, I'm ordering it tomorrow or Monday.
Hope this helps you out.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
shawn1976-You have the BEST scanner Uniden America Corporation ever made. I own the same one. I'm using my stock antenna in the lowest floor of a (5) story building with concreate construction. It works very well but I'm going to buy the Comet BNC-W100RX and this is a metal swivel-black in color for the most part(for base and handheld scanners) and is 8" collapsed and 40" high. It has great ratings and Comet is a very good company. The Antenna Farm and Amazon.com both carry it. If you order via eBay, just sales tax and no shipping and it comes from The Antenna Farm. I have read reports that the BNC on this antenna has been known to be hard to either get on or off a scanner and some customers BNC mount got broken. It is probably BS but in any case, I'm ordering it tomorrow or Monday.
Hope this helps you out.
I tried a couple of different antennas on it and still get the same results.
I like the scanner,don't get me wrong,it seems like it would be great. But I can't figure out the problem.
I also had the same issues with the 325P2 and 536 and sent them back. I picked this up and not giving up on it until I figure it out.

Bob1955

I tried a couple of different antennas on it and still get the same results.
I like the scanner,don't get me wrong,it seems like it would be great. But I can't figure out the problem.
I also had the same issues with the 325P2 and 536 and sent them back. I picked this up and not giving up on it until I figure it out.
shawn, private message me tomorrow as it is 12:59am in NY.
I'm off to bed.
Have a great night.

Status
Not open for further replies.