BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD996P2 audio

rbluesky

Hi. im finding that i have to turn up the volume to full when in use my bcd996p2. is this normal? i bought this used on ebay. did a rset and a firmware update seems like it working ok except for the low volume, programs fine with ARC XT and freescan software.
Any thoughts.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try inserting and removing a 1/8" or 3.5mm plug into the headphone and external speaker jack numerous times to see if that cleans dirty contacts on the jacks. You can also try headphones, an earpiece, or external speaker. If that doesn't work, please attach one of your ARC-XT RSF programming files giving you problems and I will take a look at it. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder.

Last edited:

rbluesky

ThanksTvengr
I forgot to mention that its only in my car the AUDIO seems low. in my apartment its,'s ok.
i can add a powered external speaker in the car

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ThanksTvengr
I forgot to mention that its only in my car the AUDIO seems low. in my apartment its,'s ok.
i can add a powered external speaker in the car
You would need a powered external speaker in order to get sufficient audio volume in your car, unless your car's radio has an input jack for other audio devices.

wtp

for where you need it,
Volume OffsetThis setting allows you to adjust the volume offset for the channel.
Scroll to 'Volume Offset' and press E/ ●.
Scroll to -3, -2, -1, 0, +1, +2, or +3 and press E/ ●to save and exit.
Note: You can also toggle volume offset for a channel in scan hold mode by pressing ● then 5(LVL).
i guess you could do all of them if needed.
and that is from,
and for more reading,

Ubbe

Volume OffsetThis setting allows you to adjust the volume offset for the channel.
But keep in mind that the scanner never goes over the max volume setting. If the scanner goes to 20 as max then if you do +3 on a TG or system it will still only do 20 and when you go to volume 1 it will be 4. Can't remember if 0 will be 3 or if Uniden fixed that and it always mutes on volume 0.

/Ubbe

Reactions: wtp

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Also make sure the mode is programmed correctly. (NFM for NFM users rather than FM)