BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD996p2 control channel problems

SummarElm

Hi so I was wondering if someone could give me an answer as to why my Uniden BCD996p2 drops the control channel in one particular spot of my house I have been moving the scanner around and found that if I set it across from where its been sitting since I got it the issue goes away also if set the P25 threshold to MANUAL it seems to work better in the original spot than setting it to AUTO I however have set it back AUTO in the new spot and haven't had the control channel drop out on me its been rock solid as well as the audio is pretty clear in the new spot as well I just don't understand why it stopped working in the original spot in the first place everywhere I have asked this question its due to simulcast distortion I am pretty well informed on simulcast distortion I just don't feel like its simulcast distortion I feel as though its something more than that if anyone could give me an idea that would be greatly appreciated thanks.

if anyone could give me an idea that would be greatly appreciated thanks.
The easiest thing to do is to extend/relocate the antenna to see if that helps.

For some reason, the signal is not reaching the scanner, to simplify things greatly.

This could mean that something - ANYthing - is blocking the path between the transmitter and your scanner's antenna.

OR there is electrical interference involved.

Good luck.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have asked this question its due to simulcast distortion I am pretty well informed on simulcast distortion I just don't feel like its simulcast distortion I feel as though its something more than that if anyone could give me an idea that would be greatly appreciated thanks.
It very well be simulcast distortion and in certain spots of your house, you could have something blocking rf from one of the towers which would give you better reception. For instance, if you had foil backed insulation or aluminum siding between your scanner and one tower, that could reduce the rf coming in and allow stronger signal in from another wall that maybe has more windows.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I am pretty well informed on simulcast distortion I just don't feel like its simulcast distortion I feel as though its something more than that if anyone could give me an idea that would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Would help if you gave us the system(s) in question so we can confirm or dispute this. Welcome to the forums!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It very well be simulcast distortion and in certain spots of your house, you could have something blocking rf from one of the towers which would give you better reception. For instance, if you had foil backed insulation or aluminum siding between your scanner and one tower, that could reduce the rf coming in and allow stronger signal in from another wall that maybe has more windows.

Correct and you have to consider hidden or not so obvious RF obstructions within your home such as, metal duct work, electrical wiring bundles inside your walls, large metalic objects in your home like refrigerators, file cabinets, shelving units, metal window frames, steel doors, etc. These things can not only block signals they can also reflect them.