BCD996P2 Easiest software to program

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTobias

My neighbor has one of these and he’s looking for at the easiest software to program this with that he’ll be able to understand any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks So Much!

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Ive used for 996's freescan, by far its easiest and free. Its doesn't support DMR, NXDN most likely neighbor didn't upgrade anyway.
Has videos at bottom and a download link at the top. ->

I do have ARC-XT and its a real chore to program, only reason I have it, is it supports dmr that I have for my 996p2.
Also I have some 7400 frequencies, talkgroups and if I use freescan it takes about 3 minutes to upload to scanner, ARCXT with ~100 DMR stuff, takes a whopping 55 minutes, all communications are at full speed too.

TedTobias

Got it. It’s strange my windows 10 blocks All BuTel software. Thanks I’ll give him The suggestions his is not upgraded
No reason here.

Thanks so Much!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Got it. It’s strange my windows 10 blocks All BuTel software. Thanks I’ll give him The suggestions his is not upgraded
No reason here.

Thanks so Much!
While FreeSCAN will program both conventional as well as trunked systems on the 996P2, it will not handle NXDN at all, and does not handle DMR correctly. Looking at your county, Manatee, as well as neighboring Sarasota County, I do not see any public safety agencies using either of those type systems. However, I'm reasonably sure that there are businesses using DMR or NXDN, but simply not in the database at this time. As long as he does not see the need to purchase either the DMR or NXDN upgrades, FreeSCAN will work.

However, as already suggested above, ProScan is the better choice. It has a number of features that FreeSCAN does not, and will program a wide range of Uniden scanners, from a number of models from more than ten years ago up to the latest, like the P2 series (which includes the 996P2), as well as the x36HP & SDS series scanners. Also, once a license for ProScan is purchased, updates are free.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
No reason here.

Thanks so Much!

When you say it "blocks" all Butel software, how so? What exactly is happening, how exactly is it blocking it? I've been runniung numerous Butel scanner softwares on numerous Windows 10 systems and never a problem.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Although I like to program with Butel's ARC-XT probably because it's what I started out with and used it for so long, I prefer ProScan for eveything else. Logging, and virtual control is awesome and has so many options and the ability to customize it is never ending!

TedTobias

I already downloaded the proscan on his radio ad programmed it for him works perfect little bit over complicated at first. Lots of options I would hate to have to program that by hand. You guys saved him and me a-lot of time he,s an older guy with one of those cell phones with huge buttons. Great guy lie a family member to me.

Imoniter I used the Butels ARC500 for years great program. Tried the newer ARC Demo windows pops up a big blue warning window not to proceed I never seen that before. I checked it out and the copy of the Arc 500 I have has a Active certificate number the demo product did not have a certificate number so I can understand what the warnings Are all about. Kind of startled me.

Thanks all for all your help not only helping me with the whole neighborhood as well!
Thanks
Theodore

Status
Not open for further replies.