BCD996P2 GTA Monitoring Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcojack

Feed Provider
I want to monitor the Bell FleetNet - Zone 1 and Metrolinx - GO Transit in the Durham Region. I was recently given a BC780XLT scanner but it seems as though it isn't able to scan these trunking systems - please correct me if I'm wrong!
Will the BCD996P2 scanner scan these systems "out of the box" or will I have to purchase a Uniden upgrade?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
It will work out of the box. The 996P2 supports P25 Phase 2 for the Metrolinx system.

The BC780XLT, while I don't have experience using it, does do trunktracking on Motorola systems according to the specs, but only analog. You could set that up to monitor the Oshawa EMS channels and then use a 996P2 for the OPP and Metrolinx. Someone else may be able to chime in better on doing that - may as well make use of the scanner you were given!

BC_Scan

780 is a great scanner but analog only, still very useful. You could use it for a bunch of analog, if you wish to sell I am actively looking for that one used.

PM me here.

gary123

Metrolinx will need a newer scanner such as the 996P2 or 536 or SDS.

A note the 996 is being upgraded to some new chips (just read on the forums here in the Uniden section).

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
A note the 996 is being upgraded to some new chips (just read on the forums here in the undien section).

The 996 is not being upgraded.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You can also use a discriminator tap on the 780 to feed DSD+. And I agree, the 780 is still one of my fav radios after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.