BCD996P2 Hardware issue Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
So I have an older BCD996P2 radio and I have the NXDN upgrade and the radio has an internal speaker issue and an an external speaker issue. The radio does not have any sound anymore and the radio has failed.

My question is if I buy another new BCD996P2 radio can I transfer my NXDN license to the new radio since I already own that license.

I see why this would not be a problem since my radio has failed and it would probably cost more to repair an older radio when you can buy another one for cheap now on Amazon. Just wondering if other people have run into this same situation.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Uniden’s flat rate repair charge for that scanner is $89.95 (in the US) including return shipping, you pay shipping to them. Much cheaper than a new one.

The paid upgrades are not transferable unless Uniden can’t repair your old one. In that case they may transfer the upgrade to a new (or refurbished) one purchased only through them after they determine yours is un-repairable.... they may require proof of purchase for your original scanner. If you just buy a new one through a dealer, you can’t transfer the upgrade.

Last edited:

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Is it just a speaker issue your having issues with? If so try working a headphone jack in and out with a headphone plug, Sometimes they stick when using the jack as my 996P2 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.