BCD996P2 just started displaying 'close call hits' every couple of seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I've had this scanner for more than a year and up until a few days ago have never seen the message "CLOSE CALL HITS" followed by a freq.

I had it programmed by a guy I know and I don't know much about the scanner and don't mess with anything, I just listen. I don't have software and never screw with the panel except for very basic things.

I've cycled through the CC mode (PRI, DND and OFF) with no change in the behavior.

Question 1) why had this started and more importantly, is there a straight-forward way to correct the behavior?

why had this started and more importantly, is there a straight-forward way to correct the behavior?

how to turn off close call on uniden bcd996p2

This is the entry that covers all the possibilities.

Good luck!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes to the above. Every so often my hands get clumsy and I'll bump the squelch knob inadvertently and get close call going.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I think this thread is about the issue you are having...

I think this thread is about the issue you are having...

It does seem to talk about the problem and I did read that before posting, but there is so much scanner-tech-babble in there I can't makes heads or tails out of the solution. I have no software and, like I said, this just started happening and I'm as curious as to why this just started as anything.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It does seem to talk about the problem and I did read that before posting, but there is so much scanner-tech-babble in there I can't makes heads or tails out of the solution. I have no software and, like I said, this just started happening and I'm as curious as to why this just started as anything.

Easiest way to stop it is while it's actually scanning the close call hit group press L/O twice. That should lock it out permanently.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
I think under the menu tab there are some setting that you can tell close call how to operate, check the owners manual to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.