BCD996P2 lost in the deep....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

What about in scan mode with a tg that only uses enc part time? Would you hear it in that situation?
As soon as the scanner detects encryption it will immediately mute and continue to scan, it will not wait for the TG to carry an unencrypted call.

/Ubbe

ems324

Should I keep the site freq separated or combine them together? This is the first time I'm trying to program a P25 scanner. I really don't know why there isn't more explanation about how to program these scanners or why Uniden needs to make it almost impossible to program. I know seasoned PD radio techs that won't touch these scanners because they've said that it's too difficult.
Do the 800mhz sites need to have a band plan? There is nothing that lists a band plan for the 700 or 800 mhz P25. It would be so much easier if there was something that listed the band plan.

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
It is my understanding that bcd996p2 CAN decrypt encrypted transmissions, this scanner and I believe one other was is capable of doing that.
no scanner can decode ENC however sometimes My 996xt and 996p2 will break squelch and give digital sounding garbage

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Should I keep the site freq separated or combine them together? This is the first time I'm trying to program a P25 scanner. I really don't know why there isn't more explanation about how to program these scanners or why Uniden needs to make it almost impossible to program. I know seasoned PD radio techs that won't touch these scanners because they've said that it's too difficult.
Between all the p25 sites, the most active at this time and the one with medcom and pd is site 4. You can put all site 4 freqs in but you only need the control and alternates which are

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It is my understanding that bcd996p2 CAN decrypt encrypted transmissions, this scanner and I believe one other was is capable of doing that.
Yeah, no, sorry. No scanner is capable of decrypting encrypted transmissions, period.

Ubbe

There are only scanner programs for PC's that currently can decode some of the decryptions. It might need a powerful CPU. Special versions for DSD and OpenEar and the standard ADCR25 and could be some additional ones.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.