BCD996P2 programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

npier83

I bought a bcd996p2 at a cb radio shop like last year and came pre programmed with the surrounding area. For some reason, my city does not come in anymore (Oregon, OH PD) in the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System. The cb shop has closed down because the owner died but I am using the paid version of pro scan to try and reprogram the scanner. How do I get the RR information into my scanner, because for some reason its not working. Any help is appreciated. I'd hate to make the wrong click and wipe out all the info that was preloaded.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
How do I get the RR information into my scanner, because for some reason its not working.
Please see the detailed information on pages 19 thru 21 of the Proscan PDF manual for importing data from the Radoreference database into Proscan (see screenshot below if you're not sure how to access it) Database > Import > Radioreference Web. I'd also strongly recommend reading about simulcast distortion. The 996p2 may not be the most ideal scanner to bring in simulcast trunked radio systems as the Lucas County Simulcast on Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System is. Many cells in close proximity to each other broadcasting the same transmissions on the same channels cause most scanners to lock up, stutter, miss transmissions, etc. The Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 are the only scanners currently on the market designed to mitigate the effects of simulcast distortion
1659565016416.png
1659565497765.png

Last edited:

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Just read the Proscan steps carefully....there is a box when you get ready to upload to the scanner, asking if you want to erase previous info...stay far away from that one!!! Otherwise until then you are just downloading info and editing to your likes.

npier83

Please see the detailed information on pages 19 thru 21 of the Proscan PDF manual for importing data from the Radoreference database into Proscan (see screenshot below if you're not sure how to access it) Database > Import > Radioreference Web. I'd also strongly recommend reading about simulcast distortion. The 996p2 may not be the most ideal scanner to bring in simulcast trunked radio systems as the Lucas County Simulcast on Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System is. Many cells in close proximity to each other broadcasting the same transmissions on the same channels cause most scanners to lock up, stutter, miss transmissions, etc. The Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 are the only scanners currently on the market designed to mitigate the effects of simulcast distortion
View attachment 125423
View attachment 125424
I have done those steps, for some reason i can not save the files to a specific location to import them. I'll try again tomorrow its been a long long day

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
I also bought my 996t from Jerry’s CB back in 2006. I always had him reprogram it when anything changed. With his passing away I was forced to reprogram it my self when the NWOPSS change took effect. I checked different threads here and decided to program it using FreeScan. This software will work on your 996P2 as long as you have version 2.18 or greater. You can find the FreeScan user guide at wiki.radioreference.com. If you scroll down the page you’ll find programming how to videos. Use video #1 Trunked. Follow this gentleman’s video and the programming will be easy. Oregon will be heard on Lucas County Unified Law Enforcement Southeast

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'd hate to make the wrong click and wipe out all the info that was preloaded.
If you want to save everything that is in the scanner before doing anything else such as uploading to the scanner. You may want to do this.
1. Go to the Database menu then click on Save. That will save your current work.
2. Go to the Database menu then click New then type in a filename such as "Old" or "Existing Programming".
3. In the Database tab, click on "Download From Scanner".
4. Go to the Database menu then click on Save. That will save your "Old" or "Existing Programming" data to a database file.
5. If you want a backup file created in step 2 then go to the Database menu and click on Save As and give it a name such as "Existing Programming Backup" then go back to the Database menu and open the file created in step 2.

Import from the RadioReference DB to an opened file.

npier83

I also bought my 996t from Jerry’s CB back in 2006. I always had him reprogram it when anything changed. With his passing away I was forced to reprogram it my self when the NWOPSS change took effect. I checked different threads here and decided to program it using FreeScan. This software will work on your 996P2 as long as you have version 2.18 or greater. You can find the FreeScan user guide at wiki.radioreference.com. If you scroll down the page you’ll find programming how to videos. Use video #1 Trunked. Follow this gentleman’s video and the programming will be easy. Oregon will be heard on Lucas County Unified Law Enforcement Southeast
Thanks for the help. I'm wondering did this change happen after the new sheriff decided to cut all of the dispatching jobs and have everyone in Lucas co. on one channel? And is Oregon the only ones on the Lucas Co Unified LE SE? Also, is there a way to just listen to Oregon, on that SE Channel? Im sure missing Jerry, he'd be yelling, DONT TOUCH A DAMN BUTTON.... I got it all set for you!

Last edited:

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
No way to just listen to Oregon that I know of. SE the following are all grouped together Maumee,Oregon,Waterville,Waterville Twp, and Whitehouse. NW has Sylvania, Sylvania Twp, Ottawa Hills, and UT on it. There’s a Radioreference thread titled NWORPSS Site and Talkgroup Discussion that was started when this consolidation began.

Status
Not open for further replies.