BCD996P2 Programming the CT Land Mobile Radio Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
I'm having an issue programming the CSP system using ARC-PRO XT. I download the data from radio reference yet when I'm locked in to a specific channel all it says it Finding CtrlChan. I even downloaded all of the sites and the specific groups yet all I get is that message. I'm located in New London County and figured that is all I needed but I can't seem to get the system programmed. Any ideas?

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
Not stopping no. I'm in Mystic. I should be able to get the Troop E site.

cg

Premium Subscriber
try hitting hold and turn the dial to get to the channel 773.93125 as that should be the control channel. Look for something on the meter for signal. If you get nothing, try a slightly different location.

chris

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
This is what I see. But my frequency is different from yours.

Attachments

• 20200529_202751.jpg
    20200529_202751.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 51

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
It quickly scans the system and nothing happens. Goes on to the next system.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
What confused me is I'm downloading the data from RR so it should work

I downloaded freeSCAN and when I downloaded the same data from RR it had a system type of phase II where ARC Pro XT does not.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
Does the display say ID Scan or ID Search?

Put the scanner in ID Search mode by pressing the Silver Knob and hitting "Scan/Search"
Actually I tired that and that didn't work either. If it can't find the control channel it probably won't do an ID search right?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I'm having an issue programming the CSP system using ARC-PRO XT.
Here is a ARC-XT Connecticut State Police file. It has all of the sites on quick keys 10-22. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC-XT and Upload to Scanner.

Attachments

• CT State Police.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 25

tvengr

Well Known Member
When you upload the file, turn off all of the system quick keys (10 thru 22) except 14. That will leave you with the Montville Troop E site in New London.

pkrawetz

Premium Subscriber
When you upload the file, turn off all of the system quick keys (10 thru 22) except 14. That will leave you with the Montville Troop E site in New London.
So your file worked. I'm now getting transmissions although I probably have to make some P25 adjustments due to robotic voice. Now I have to find out what is the difference between your file and what I downloaded from RR. Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.