bcd996p2 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragonpc

Premium Subscriber
Just got and loaded radio ref trunking sites but dont hear anything but the old regular frequencies
looking for digital striped Peak site
bearcat bcd996p2

im in port angeles Wa

Just got and loaded radio ref trunking sites but dont hear anything
Is this the system you're trying to monitor?

IF you are in range, you will see one of these frequencies in the display:
170.7875c 170.8875a 171.6125a

If you just see "NFM" in the display, you are out of range.

Last edited:

paragonpc

Premium Subscriber
here is a screenshot

Attachments

• 20200707_125245.jpg
    20200707_125245.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 37

BC_Scan

Most stuff I find is ENC, you will see the ID but no sound , I mainly hear CBP and WSP, you have a strong signal, you can also try in search mode for another control channel of an adjacent site (JIWN)

paragonpc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks neighbor
so try a manual freq input of the control channel or add to freq to existing freq list ?
sorry im a network engineer i deal with ips and ports this is new to me

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
paragon if you're a network engineer then you can handle programming the P2. I recommend downloading Freescan software and watching a few videos on youtube -- any recent Uniden scanner should work -- just search for freescan uniden and you'll probably find a bunch of videos. Once you get familiar with the software (it's pretty basic) the programming will be super easy.

FWIW, monitoring IWN is like watching paint dry. It's 90% encrypted. You might want to consider recording options if you plan to hear anything.

BC_Scan

What I do when I go somewhere new is search for all the control channels in my listening area, ie: search 162-174 mhz and see where scanner stops. Press menu, scroll down service search , press eyes scroll to custom search, press eyes you will see 10 search banks pick the one that has or redefine it as your parameter.
Then as devicelab says get freescan (which is what I uses as well) and get familiar with that ,

so try a manual freq input of the control channel or add to freq to existing freq list ?
Here's a link to FREEScan.

It is very intuitive.

Here's the user guide:

You set up the System first, then add frequencies and talk groups.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.