BCD996P2 takes forever to program

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Lets focus on your computer for a second instead.....

How old is your computer?

How many MB / GB / TB of RAM do you have on board?

What processor do you have?

Do you have USB 2.0 and / or 3.0 ports? Have you tried to use a different USB port on the computer?

How many other processes (ie programs, applications, etc.) are you running when you start up the computer or while you are trying to upload or read the scanner?

Do you have any anti-virus software running?? (there are known compatibility problems with these blocking certain functions going on)

I could be something with the computer end that is slowing the process down.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
just imagine what he is missing by scanning 160 systems. it must be scanning at a snails pace.
Had you thoroughly read through all the commentary, you would have noted I have "160+ systems" on GPS. Meaning, there are never more than 2 or 3 scanning at one time.

Thank you for the applicable replies. I think it is getting remedied.

W5JCK

Is there any way to speed up the programming time between my computer, and my BCD996P2's? I use a standard USB adapter from my computer, to the front port of the scanner to program it. I have about 160 "systems" (several with only one channel) and it takes around 45 mins. to download the entire thing to the scanners. Consistent with all of my BCD996P2's.

Is there a faster way to program these? (Rear serial? Faster cable?)

That seems awfully slow to me! I have programmed many different Uniden scanners over the years including the 325P2, 436, and 536, andnone have ever taken more than a few minutes at most. Basically the programming in transferring a data file to the scanner, and even the largest data file allowed by the program app and/or scanner specs isn't really that huge, so it should transfer at the rate allowed by the port systems. USB transfers much faster than you are experiencing. Even the older serial ports transferred faster than that. Not sure what the bottleneck is in your particular case, but it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes unless there is something set up incorrectly or some kind of issue with the cable or ports themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.