BCD996P2 trouble programming 700 MHZ frequencies with five decimal places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhillin

Premium Subscriber
I am attempting to program frequencies in the 769 and 770 megahertz range into my BCD996P2. I have attempted to program the scanner using ARC XT software and manually from the scanner keyboard. The frequencies contain five numerals after the decimal point, some examples are: 769.24375, 769.14375, and 770.64375. The software only allows four numerals after the decimal. When attempting to program manually, the scanner will only accept four numerals after the decimal. I have tried modifying the band plan, but none of the modifications will allow frequencies with five decimal places to be entered. In each case the "5" at the end of each frequency is not allowed to be entered. What do I need to do to allow for programming of the complete frequency? Thank you.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
What do they display as when you read the radio back into Sentinel?

The scanners don't have tight enough filters to handle the slight difference between true and what the scanner allows. They should all still work just fine. If you enter say 769.2437, is that what it shows when you read the radio back into Sentinel?

nd5y

I think that's one of the radios that truncates the display but not the actual received frequency.
I think all you need to do is ignore the last digit.

lhillin

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response.
I have not attempted to read back the info from the scanner, I will try that and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.