BCD996P2 trunk scanning of large # of talk groups and output jacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

budscan

I've purchased Proscan to both program the scanner and using the same to feed up to Broadcastify.

The trunk system is a statewide system (NJ) and has over 600 talk group IDs.

1) if I only programmed in the TGID's I want to hear, why am I hearing all the others?

2) of the 6 or so I want to monitor, is there a way to prioritize them?

3) I've tried to lock out the ones I don't want to hear, but they still are coming through.

I've recently updated to the 1.18.01 firmware.

Thanks in advance! Apologize if this is a repeat question.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you have the scanner in ID Search, change it to ID Scan by pressing function and the Search/Scan button.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've purchased Proscan to both program the scanner and using the same to feed up to Broadcastify.

The trunk system is a statewide system (NJ) and has over 600 talk group IDs.

1) if I only programmed in the TGID's I want to hear, why am I hearing all the others?

2) of the 6 or so I want to monitor, is there a way to prioritize them?

3) I've tried to lock out the ones I don't want to hear, but they still are coming through.

I've recently updated to the 1.18.01 firmware.

Thanks in advance! Apologize if this is a repeat question.
Welcome to RadioReference

Take a good look at your display when the scanner is on the statewide system. What do you see scrolling across the display when the scanner is not picking up anything at the moment? If it says ID Search, as 62Truck mentioned, you will hear every active talkgroup on the system, unless that TGID is Avoided, or is in a Department that is set as Avoided. If it's a talkgroup you programmed, you'll see the text tag. But if it was not programmed, all you'll see is the TGID

ID Scan will monitor only the TGIDs that you programmed, providing that they are not AVaoided, nor in a Department set to Avoid.

budscan

Thanks everyone for the info.

I was in ID search mode and changed to ID scan, so I'm not picking up all the other traffic. But now I'm not getting ANY traffic.

On the system page of Proscan, the following parameters are set: (downloaded from RR database into Proscan)

System Type - P25 Standard Trunk

Number tag - none

ID Search/Scan - ID Scan (thanks!)

Record - Marked Channels (which they all are marked)

Delay - 2 sec

ID format - decimal

Priority Scan - checked

AGC digital - not checked

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Statewide systems are difficult to diagnose without seeing the actually programming. A lot of things could be going on unfortunately.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Do you have the Groups containing the TGIDs you want to monitor or the TGIDS you heard in ID Search unlocked?

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
uncheck the "priority scan" because its confusing the scanner. and when its recording on one talk group another one may be transmitting and you will never hear it. What is the purpose of recording every thing anyway?

budscan

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

1) about recording, I was choosing that because there is a "REC" audio jack on the rear of the unit and I noticed when I first started to try and refine what I was listening to, the TGID's that I chose to "record" when programming, seemed to come out thru that jack, despite hearing EVERYTHING on the speaker.

2) I am using the audio out (which ever jack I get it to come from the channels only I want to monitor) to connect to broadcastify

3) Tvengr - I'm in NJ and I'm looking to monitor some of the interop channels on the NJSP P25 trunk system, specifically the JEMSTAR N and S radio traffic, some other EMS and PD as well.

4) I've attached my database txt file from proscan, if that helps.

Thanks again!

Bud

Attachments

• 7-25-20 UC site and Comm 3.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 16

tvengr

Well Known Member
From what I see, the first 2 systems have no sites and the last system has a site, but no groups or talkgroups. The systems should be given different names so you can differentiate between them.

budscan

From what I see, the first 2 systems have no sites and the last system has a site, but no groups or talkgroups. The systems should be given different names so you can differentiate between them.
it's weird how they come in from the RR database. it shows the talk groups are under the site on line. let me try moving the TGs to under the site and see what happens.

Bud

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
it's weird how they come in from the RR database. it shows the talk groups are under the site on line. let me try moving the TGs to under the site and see what happens.

Bud
Use the mouse to drag & drop the TGID groups to the 3rd system containing the Site. After that, delete the first two systems. When you do a upload to the scanner, choose this option "Delete All Systems In The Scanner Before Uploading"

budscan

looks like I finally got it all figured out.
thanks for everyone's input!

Bud

Status
Not open for further replies.