bcd996p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricelaci4580

will this particular device (BCD996P2) work with dmr???? Does anyone know??? im afraid ill have to return this particular scanner to have it pick up in my area

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
No, it won't.

You need a 536HP or a 436HP or a comparable Whistler model.

bricelaci4580

Thank you for your help... This has been an ongoing issue as I am just now trying to figure all this out for myself. Is there a customer service number to clients or website or any way possible to give Uniden the info on where I live so that they may be able to match me w a scanner that work that is pretty programed.

N0BDW

Thank you for your help... This has been an ongoing issue as I am just now trying to figure all this out for myself. Is there a customer service number to clients or website or any way possible to give Uniden the info on where I live so that they may be able to match me w a scanner that work that is pretty programed.

You may have better luck with a vendor such as ScannerMaster, who provide that type of service:

Police Scanners, Radios, Programming, Accessories | Scannermaster.com

They can look at the database for your area and make a recommendation.

Dmcdonald8869

I have a BCD996P2 and when it is picking up a transmission it cuts out several times in the middle, it acts like you unplugged the antenna and you lose the signal... I have my old one also hooked up and this problem does not happen... can someone please tell me if that is normal or a defect?
How can I fix this issue?
Thanks for your help...

N0BDW

Dmcdonald8869,

Do you have priority scan enabled? Or weather alert priority?

If you do the scanner has to take a break from whatever it is listening to in order to check your priority channels and/or the weather channel.

If that isn't the problem are you sure the connection is good between the scanner and the antenna? Have you tried connecting the new scanner where the old one is currently connected and does the same problem exist?

Timmeh-31

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996P2 and when it is picking up a transmission it cuts out several times in the middle, it acts like you unplugged the antenna and you lose the signal... I have my old one also hooked up and this problem does not happen... can someone please tell me if that is normal or a defect?
How can I fix this issue?
Thanks for your help...

Mine doesn't do this either. I would suspect (as N0BDW mentioned) that a priority or WX alert might have been switched on. Another possibility is you might be in Close Call mode. If you press the Squelch button, it will toggle between Off/Close Call DND (Do Not Disturb)/Close Call. Regular CC mode can cause it to pause periodically too, basically to "sniff" the frequencies nearby to see if there is any activity, which may cause a brief loss of audio.

Check your CC status to make sure it's not on (if it is on, there should be a little icon in the bottom right corner of your display I believe.

CCscherm.gif

Timmeh-31

Premium Subscriber
NOBDW & Timmeh-31, Yep, it was the WX feature causing the issue... It's working great now... thank you so much for your help...

Delighted to hear you got it all sorted out. So how are you liking the rig so far? I'm having a blast with mine (just got it last Friday.) I'm blown away by how sensitive it is even running the stock antenna. Best investment in this hobby I've made in many years. :D

Dmcdonald8869

I really like it, I am trying to figure out the names of the channel users on it, so far all I can find is the frequency but I have someone looking into it for me... I can't believe how clear it is.

bobwilley

Does this mean that you cannot use the WX Priority Alert?
Or it will affect other things?

I also notice that on the BCD996P2 and BCD325P2 that when the WX Alert does occur, it will not turn off, goes on and on and on...

These are the first scanners that I have ever had that did this.
Most just go to the alert and as soon as the notice is done, usually a minute or so, it goes back to scanning.

Hmmm...
I just recently got these 2 scanners and it has been a learning process, to say the least.
I used to use Radio Shack Pro-106 and Pro-107's
but due to recent changes in my local Talbot County MD going to their First Response system, which is P25 Type 2
so I had to upgrade my scanners.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Bob
Maryland (Talbot & Dorchester counties monitored)

DougWatkins

weather alert and priority scan are neat features, but they do interrupt continuous scanning....there are trade offs

I like a scanner for scanning....not a weather receiver.....we live in a volatile weather area, so I have a dedicated weather receiver

I do use priority scan for my local Fire freq, but I find myself turning it off often because it drives my trunk scanning crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.