BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kfred

Thanks for your comments but BC780 Scanner might actually be working like it should. Police and fire dispatch also having crosstalk problems. blaming console at communications center. I am not a radio tech but sounds like a tuned cavity gone bad to me.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have never saw a 780 suffer from frontend overload sounds like a wild goose chase.

"❖ Usability and PerformanceOur BC780XLT is sensitive ñ more sensi-tive in the 860 MHz range than our PRO-2067(s/n 00315). We found only 15 birdies (fig. 2). Itis well behaved on an outdoor antenna, thoughwe hear a few intermod products in the VHF-highband produced by a strong 158.7 MHz pager mix-ing with a NOAA weather transmitter. "
[source]
The article in post my post #36

Bob1955

Thinking about getting one of these, would you recommend it? One of my biggest questions would be is the display easily readable, especially compared to the 536 models, any other information would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TxScanner, thumbs down, go with the Bearcat BCD-996P2 as never any software issues like the BCD536HP/SDS200. Hope this helps you out. Also, the BCD-996P2 doesn't do simul casting that well from what I have been reading. I had owned a BCT-15X which is like the BCD-996P2 but not digital and it was a great base scanner and had fantastic sensitivity and audio. Hope this helps you in a purchase decision. Have a great Thursday and weekend sir.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
TxScanner, thumbs down, go with the Bearcat BCD-996P2 as never any software issues like the BCD536HP/SDS200. Hope this helps you out. Also, the BCD-996P2 doesn't do simul casting that well from what I have been reading. I had owned a BCT-15X which is like the BCD-996P2 but not digital and it was a great base scanner and had fantastic sensitivity and audio. Hope this helps you in a purchase decision. Have a great Thursday and weekend sir.

Thanks for the reply, I bought a like new BCD996P2 from a fellow member of this forum for 270 shipped, be here Saturday

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
That is correct sir, Thanks

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Actually I just checked scanner master and it’s 69.99 now!

Status
Not open for further replies.