BCD996T and ARC996

Status
Not open for further replies.

22b873

Premium Subscriber
I tried to program digital 800 freq. in this scanner with ARC996. It looks like everything was transferred properly, but the scanner isn't hitting on anything. I know the scanner is working properly because when I manually put in the conventional codes, it works. Any suggestions?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you're talking about this system (anything in blue is a link);

Fauquier / Culpeper / Rappahannock Trunking System, Various, Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

you may have some work ahead of you. It looks like it's been rebanded. Your first check should be to see if the firmware in your 996 is up to date. While we don't have the keystrokes documented for the 996 to do this, it's little brother the 396 is;

Uniden scanner test modes - The RadioReference Wiki

If you need to update your firmware, read this article;

Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

At the very bottom of this article, in the Software Support link, will be the values you will need to enter in a custom table. This information is also supplied at the bottom of the TWiki where you read about changing your firmware.

Next see if ARC996 is up to date; if not, Gommert is usually pretty good about free updates.

Once that's done, you can take the easy way and download from RR. Since the rebanding flag is set in the software, ARC996 should populate the custom table for you. You will then need to replace - not add- this system in your scanner.

Like I said, there's some work involved here...best regards..Mike

22b873

Premium Subscriber
Did the firmware update 2 weeks ago. Purchased ARC996 about a month ago. Everything should be up to date. You are right. The firmware update was a challenge.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
So your on version 3.02 on your scanner?
latest ARC update?

are you downloading/importing from radioreference or just typing the data in?

are the systems/sites setup as REBANDED/Custom systems.... forgive me on the terms Im going off memory as i use a 996XT and freescan now... so im remembering from 2 years ago when I had a T

Did the firmware update 2 weeks ago. Purchased ARC996 about a month ago. Everything should be up to date. You are right. The firmware update was a challenge.

22b873

Premium Subscriber
I'm running 3.02 on scanner.
Just downloaded ARC996 a few weeks ago. Wouldn't think I needed an update yet, since I downloaded it, but how would I?

I do not see the option for rebanded or custom systems. When it asks for system type it automatically puts in mot 2/p25.

I've tried to do it manually and with RR. Prefer RR, but both are doing the same thing. Unless I put the dispatch conventional freq. and that works.

Spoke to Butel who said to change id scan to id search which didn't work either. Tried quick keys and no quick keys. I've also did control freq. only.

I know I'm close. I think it is a setting issue somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.