• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD996T - Closing Mike Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

Ok , I have my shiny new 996 up and scanning, it sounds awesome compared to my handhelds - virtually no static at all, where both the 246 and 396 have quite a bit and they both have the RS 800 antenna - go figure.

Anyway, I do notice at the end of most calls a noise - sorta like a swell or a surge - sorry I still am a newbie so cant explain it any better than that. I figure its where they are closing the channel or lifting off the mike.

If you know what I am referencing - is there anyway to eliminate that or at least minimize it? If I could get rid of that the audio quality would be totally awesome!

Thanks

Go-24

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. (maybe)

it was set to ignore end code, I set it to yes and now I dont hear the noise. Coincidence or was that it?

b52hbuff

Go-24 said:
Nevermind, I think I figured it out. (maybe)

it was set to ignore end code, I set it to yes and now I dont hear the noise. Coincidence or was that it?
I think it could be. If you're listening to a TRS.

If you're listening to a conventional system, then it means that the 996 doesn't do reverse burst decode...

Status
Not open for further replies.