BCD996T comes up all locked after programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2ns

Hi all,

I've got both the BCD396T and the BCD996T. I've been playing with the 396 for about a week now, and got all the local interesting frequencies programmed in using the Uniden software--no problems.

Tonight, I duplicated all my 396 systems into the 996 using the 996 version of the Uniden software. Everything went fine, but after programming the 996, all my 7 systems come up locked out. I have to manually unlock all 7 of them. I went over each system using system editor, and they are all set to "unlocked". I went to configuration editor, and I don't see anything in there that would lock out all of my systems either.

My 396 comes up all unlocked after programming, but not the 996. Is this normal ??? Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening, and how to eliminate it ???

RON

rbm

Are all 7 systems actually LOCKED out?
Or:
Are they DISABLED on the "Quick Keys, Search Keys" tab?
In the attached image, only Systems 2 and 3 are Enabled for scanning.

If you don't have any luck, you can upload your.usc file and I'll take a look at it.

Rich

Edit: After reading your post again, I think you're saying that you created additional and separate system files for the BCD996T. If so, that's a lot of duplicate effort.
You can share all of your systems files between BCD396T, BCD996T, and BCT15 scanners. Just change your configuration to point to the same folder.
See the second image. (It's of the *BCD996T* setup options and points to the 396 folder.)
Since I got my BCD396T before I got my other Uniden scanners, all of my system files reside in the BCD396T folder and I changed the BCD996T configuration to point to the BCD396T system database folder.

IMPORTANT: Since the BCD996T system files have additional data fields, you should always create, modify, and save your systems using the BCD996T software. If not, you'll lose some of your BCD996T unique data.

Last edited:

k2ns

Locked Out

Hi Rich,

You hit the nail right on the head. On the "Quick key-Search key" tab, all systems are disabled except for system 20. I actually did not make up new system files, I just copied them from the 396 database to the 996 database using windows explorer, and then when I opened the 996 software, I just had to add them from the database side of the screen into the systems side.

Thanks for the help.

RON

Status
Not open for further replies.