BCD996T firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbwrobel

Hi, I'm trying to update a used BCD996T that I just purchased and I can't seem to get the firmware update program to do anything to the scanner; it goes as far as saying connecting, then erasing, but then I get an error a few seconds later saying "Programming Error" (I'm upgrading from the initial version 1.03.11 using the instructions on Uniden's website)....I set the com port to 3 and speed at 57600; I'm also using a usb to serial adaptor connected to the supplied uniden serial cable because I don't have any serial ports on my computer (I'm using an iMac running Windows XP in a virtual machine)....the strange part however is that I am able to connect to the scanner using Arc996 for programming/control. I also tried using Freescan and can also program/control the scanner, etc....it seem as only the uniden software doesn't work...any ideas?

dbwrobel

I believe its the lastest one although I'm not sure.... I was following the instructions from uniden on their site: BCD996TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I followed the steps referring to if the scanner is at version 1.03.11 or earlier (mine was at 1.03.11)....having said that I didn't have to put in any keys (I'm guessing it was first going to upgrade my firmware to 1.04.12)

dbwrobel

I found an old pc tucked away in my basement with xp and I tried to load the firmware and this time I was successful! I guess whatever caused the problem before maybe was either the cable or the software running in a virtual machine.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Gotta love XP.. glad you got it sorted out anyway

I found an old pc tucked away in my basement with xp and I tried to load the firmware and this time I was successful! I guess whatever caused the problem before maybe was either the cable or the software running in a virtual machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.