BCD996T Help Needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfrancis16

I have a BCD996T. I am trying to get it to receive a conventional digital channel. When scanning, it lands on the channel as if there is a signal coming though. The problem is that there is no audio. All of the P25 settings are set to default. The scanner stays on the channel for the entire transmission (I have verified this by listening on another radio). All of the other channels on the scanner are conventional and the audio is just fine. Also, the squelch is set as low as it will go without static coming through.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this would be happening? Any help is appreciated.

TeK-NO

Premium Subscriber
BCD996T Help Needed!!! Reply to

Sounds like you have the Control Channel search activated.......

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996T. I am trying to get it to receive a conventional digital channel. When scanning, it lands on the channel as if there is a signal coming though. The problem is that there is no audio. All of the P25 settings are set to default. The scanner stays on the channel for the entire transmission (I have verified this by listening on another radio). All of the other channels on the scanner are conventional and the audio is just fine. Also, the squelch is set as low as it will go without static coming through.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this would be happening? Any help is appreciated.
Is the channel set in the scanner to be "digital only"? If not, and if the Tone/DCS search field says 'search', then you may be getting interference from another frequency close to what you programmed, or from a nearby device. Unfortunately, with the 996t, you can set a channel as 'analog' or 'digital', but you cannot enter a NAC code (that option became available on the 396XT and 996XT). It's also possible that the specific frequency may be a 'birdie' for that scanner. The manual does not include a list, but acknowledges the existence of birdies.

Status
Not open for further replies.