BCD996T Missing Traffic: Input Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
My 996 is missing traffic on the MCSO system in AZ, Motorola Mixed Analog and Digital system. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=848

Here is the details, any input is appreciated:

996 (v. 1.03.11) is sitting side by side with PSR-600, BC785D, and BC796D scanning the same system. The The 600, 785, and 796 is picking up my Digital talkgroups while the 996 is still ID scanning. It misses 2 out of 5 times. Analog talkgroups it seems to be not missing a beat lately. I have done everything I can think of to make it more reliable in picking up Digital TG's. I have tried CC Only on and off (with all system frequencies programmed). Auto, Manual, and default on P25 settings. I have set all the Digital TG's to digital only on Audio Type. I have several antennas including a yagi so its not a signal quality setting.
Before the questions get asked, Close Call, Priority, and Weather is off.

When it does miss traffic it will sometimes pick it up late, approximately 4 seconds late everytime, but usually it just misses it altogether.

Tonight I am getting so frustrated with it that I finally have Initialized the scanner and reprogrammed it, adjusted every possible setting I can think of and its still doing it. Adjusted the system hold time to 0, 5, 10, 20, 255. Don't make one bit of difference. I have set it to only scan 1 site (White Tanks) and just the Digital talkgroups just to rule things out. Has anyone had a similar problem on a similar system and figured out what it was?

Feel free to ask any questions, maybe I am missing something, but I am sure I have covered all the bases. This is not a new problem, what re-sparked my interest is I bought a 600 so I was doing some side by side comparisons and just got re-agitated.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.