bcd996t NO- SOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronhl

Unit only 3 weeks old and now no sound from main spk or from the ext spk jack on the back!! At bedtime I use the front spk(earphone) jack so I don't disturb the wife and using this ok last night. Now today unit has no sound unless I use the front jack. I suspect a connection issue with this jack preventing the audio to be routed to the main spk.

BTW: I also have that issue with the display changing from red to green or vise versa. Seems to be related to power cycling, on off, off on

Ron

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sounds like you have a stuck earphone jack prong causing an open to the speaker. Did you try inserting and removing the headphone jack a few times?

SILVERDOLLAR

Rohnl:

Yep, I agree with DaveIN. The jack apparently is composed of a switch like assembly that opens the speaker when the earphone plug is inserted. I have seen these tiny cheepo tabs get bent or broken and suspect that yours does not have enough spring action to fully close upon widthdrawal of the earphone plug. Not knowing the interior of the 996 I can't comment on how accessable the jack is, but if it is accessable, it is easy to readjust the offending tab so it will close if that is the trouble, or replace the jack if your good at soldering!!! Regarding the display, mine does not change color, but it does change intensity of color all by it's self. It may take seconds to change or hours, but it will change! It will NOT change if it is in HIGH intensity either green or red. I noticed other postings regarding this problem. I have not seen any postings regarding the color changing from red to green but for yours however.

Status
Not open for further replies.