BCD996T Not receiving or Decoding P25 (APCO) but analog is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

briancampbell

I recently updated my BCD996T to the latest firmware revision and all seemed fine. After the upgrade, I was sure it was decoding P25, but its use in my area is not widely used. In traveling to an area with known APCO P25, I downloaded the system using ARC996PRO, downloaded into the scanner and heard analog sites, but none of the digital frequencies could be heard. The unit is scanning the sites, and I see signal bars in the upper right of the display. Thought they might have rebanded.. so I left it at that.

Traveled into another state where I know they are also using APCO, and downloaded those frequencies - still conventional analog could be scanned, but all trunking systems using APCO could not. In this state, I know I had decoded before. I doubt they have rebanded also - and looks like the receiver is not decoding.

Is there a "restore to factory defaults" function on this receiver or what could I be doing wrong?

Has anyone else had this issue?

My method of downloading systems is using ARC996PRO software, going to radio references site, and downloading a trunk group.. then uploading to the scanner. I dont change any parameters from the download and it has worked before.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Are you sure the APCO 25 systems are truly APCO 25 systems and not Type II systems using APCO 25 modulation? What systems are you having problems with?

Mike

briancampbell

Any trunked system I am trying to listen to

Right now I am in Greensboro NC, and if I download a trunked system from the radio reference site, (ie Guilford County trunked) or NC State Highway Patrol, and download it untouched from RR to the BCD996T, I never hear any digital sites... only analog conventional.

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Do you have CTCSS/DCS set to SEARCH? If so, turn it off completely.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Right now I am in Greensboro NC, and if I download a trunked system from the radio reference site, (ie Guilford County trunked) or NC State Highway Patrol, and download it untouched from RR to the BCD996T, I never hear any digital sites... only analog conventional.

NC Highway Patrol is still analog for the majority of their communications on any system they use (VIPER or Guilford County) and alot of the traffic on the Guilford County system itself is still analog...Greensboro PD & Burlington PD/FD are the few digital users on the system...
Marshall KE4ZNR

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin

Also just as a heads up, The system is experiencing digital problems so some have been moved to some analog TG temporarily. If you would like to know which agencies are on which analog TG PM me and i will let you know.

Last edited:
I recently updated my BCD996T to the latest firmware revision and all seemed fine. After the upgrade, I was sure it was decoding P25, but its use in my area is not widely used. In traveling to an area with known APCO P25, I downloaded the system using ARC996PRO, downloaded into the scanner and heard analog sites, but none of the digital frequencies could be heard. The unit is scanning the sites, and I see signal bars in the upper right of the display. Thought they might have rebanded.. so I left it at that.

Traveled into another state where I know they are also using APCO, and downloaded those frequencies - still conventional analog could be scanned, but all trunking systems using APCO could not. In this state, I know I had decoded before. I doubt they have rebanded also - and looks like the receiver is not decoding.

Is there a "restore to factory defaults" function on this receiver or what could I be doing wrong?

Has anyone else had this issue?

My method of downloading systems is using ARC996PRO software, going to radio references site, and downloading a trunk group.. then uploading to the scanner. I dont change any parameters from the download and it has worked before.

I remember when I first upgraded my BCD396T to the present version, and I could receive only conventional trunking and analog voice trunking (no P25). For a while I thought I broke the radio (eventhough I ever dropped it).

I soon discovered that I had to do the upgrading all over again, but this time strictly following Uniden's download instructions, especially not using previous upgrader files.

When I redid the above, the 396T decoded P-25.

Status
Not open for further replies.