BCD996T Now Avail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else locally ordered there new radio yet? I was hoping to have for show and tell at Sunday's scanner meet, but we'll see saying it will ship today.

BCD996T - APCO 25 Digital Ready Scanner Featuring up to 6,000 Dynamically Allocated Channels and up to 400 Systems - The BCD996T will automatically monitor both digital and analog transmissions. Now with 9,600 baud APCO digital control channel with digital voice. Also features C4FM and Compatible Quadrature Phase-Shift Keying (CQPSK) compatibility.

http://www.usascan.com/files/bcd996t.cfm

Jim<

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Jim

Have you downloaded software to take a look?

also It seams this radio is cheaper then the hand held I wonder if the price of handheld will go down?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Good old CEI with $30 ground shipping. :p

Optional $49 mag mount antenna.:confused:

P.T. Barnum was right.

Any bets on when the 1st firmware correction download is released. :lol:

You gotta hope that this product release goes way better than the continuing 396 nightmare.

Phil.

luke-1

jimmnn said:
Has anyone else locally ordered there new radio yet? I was hoping to have for show and tell at Sunday's scanner meet, but we'll see saying it will ship today.

BCD996T - APCO 25 Digital Ready Scanner Featuring up to 6,000 Dynamically Allocated Channels and up to 400 Systems - The BCD996T will automatically monitor both digital and analog transmissions. Now with 9,600 baud APCO digital control channel with digital voice. Also features C4FM and Compatible Quadrature Phase-Shift Keying (CQPSK) compatibility.

Jim<

Got the e-mail shipping confirmation today, Sunday will be pushin' it though.

Luke

epbernstein

jimmnn said:

Jim<

Mine arrived today. It took about 5 minutes to transfer the files from my 396 using the free UASD software. Didn't have much time to play with it before heading back to the office, but what I did try worked perfectly. I think I'm gonna love it!

Addendum: I'm hearing a CLEER transmission clearly (sorry), which I haven't received well at this location with this antenna...

Last edited:

epbernstein

Amazing!

Something inspired me to climb into the attic the other day to check on the discone antenna I have mounted there. Sure enough, the coax had fallen out of the PL-259 connector (I have no idea how many years ago!). Ran over to Radio Shack, picked up a new PL-259 as well as an extension cable with reinforced connectors. Attached the extension cord to the antenna, and attached that to the re-installed PL-259 which is now lying on the floor of the attic with no gravity or other strain on it.

Lo and behold, I can now get a good signal for Denver up here in Boulder. Gotta play around and see what else I can pick up... :)

RISC777

I have these dreams when sleeping where the lighting constantly changes from orange to green to orange to . . . :lol:

Hopefully I'll have one showing up Monday. Hopefully.

luke-1

It's a good one-

I have just begun to get into all the things it can do, but first impression is good.

I thought it was going to be just a base/mobile version of the 396, but the memory organization capabilities appear even better. It does require separate software than the 396, but similar to use.

I have not taken it on the road yet, but it definitely does not stick on one tower, even here at the house.

I think they had systems like our Colorado DTRS in mind when they designed this one.

I will update as I keep experimenting with it.

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.