• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD996T orange dimmer wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewC75

Has anyone had any success with attaching the orange dimmer wire on the radio to the switched dimmer wire in their vehicle? My installer tried to do it today, and followed the instructions in the OM to the letter. The result was that if the orange wire had 12V (headlights on) the radio would be on, and if was grounded (headlights off), the radio would shut off. We had the polarity properly set to +. Am I missing something? Is there ANY reason that the radio should shut off based on the status of the orange wire? Any suggestions?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I had no problem. Polarity is set to + and I tied into one of the dash light circuits.

Gary

UPMan

Uniden Representative
Premium Subscriber
Be sure he was also connecting the red wire to +12V and that the in-line fuse isn't blown (and that he isn't colorblind...)

AndrewC75

Did I hear someone say "colorblind"? Paul - perhaps eye exams are in order for the people that put together your wiring harnesses. Swapping orange and red fixed my problem....

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.