BCD996T P25 audio decode level adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlattery

I live in Anoka county of Minnesota and I just recently bought a used BCD996T. It did not come with a USB cable, so for now I am programming it by hand.

I bought it to get APCO-25 signals but when I scan the local police frequencies, I still get the garbage audio signals. I tried to adjust the P25 decode level, but no setting seems to work. I also changed the P25 wait time and still no change.

The display shows ERR:---. The lower line of the display shows: T 1.41 1.62 1.84. These values do not change when i adjust the P25 decode level.

I could use any help.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What specific channels? ERR:-- would indicate that you are not receiving a P25 signal.

wlattery

I cant remember what channel it was. But you are right though. it must not have been a P25 signal.

I have the problem figured out now. Since this was a used unit and had some frequencies and settings not for my area, I did a memory clear and preset for my state. Now I am able to receive and listen to P25 calls from local police and taxi.

Now I will wait for my USB to PC cable to arrive so I can upload more of the talk group ID's for my area.

wlattery

Ok I will try those settings. I have been using 8 - 12. What is the best P25 Wait Time? I have been using 100 or 200 ms.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You should know that the settings others have recommended are good for their areas, but maybe not for yours. Use them as a starting point - you will need to tweak them to suit your preferences.

A lot of things influence how well a digital signal decodes - the better the signal strength, generally speaking, the better the decode. 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.