BCD996T QuickKey help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyPhoto

Can anyone give a quick version of how to use the quick keys? I assigned "System A" key 1 and "System B" key 2 but when I hit #2 the 2 turns to * on the System 0 line, but the group key line it still shows 2 and it still processes the "System B" system.

These are both trunking systems in the same system in the program. But they use different sites all together.

Main System -
-Site 1 Q:1
-Site 2 Q:2
-Group 1 Q:1
-Group 2 Q:2

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Did you program it by hand or with software?

You may want to see if System B is repeated in memory. If so, it may not have a Quick Key assigned, so when you turn off Quick Key #2, the system with no Quick Key would continue to be scanned.

Keep in mind the top line is System Quick Keys, the bottom line is Group Quick Keys.

http://www.grove-ent.com/SCANNERPROGRAMMING.htm

Dave_D

I use a BCT15, but understand they're generally the same. To use a system quick key (SQK), you press the respective digit. To use a group quick key (GQK) you press FUNC and, within two seconds, the respective digit.

If I understand you correctly, it may be simpler for you to move the systems to separate system programs. This way, you can enable/disable systems 1 and 2 in a single keystroke -- sounds like what you've been trying to do -- without regard for program groups. Otherwise, you'll need to press FUNC.

I hope this is helpful.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.