BCD996T - Request Help MV2 - OPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodie

OK,

This scanner is one of the most advanced gadgets I have ever owned. I have some problems wrapping my head around the new opp system. In block form this is what I think I understand.

First you program "The System"

Then you Program "The Site"

Then you Program "The Group"

and if this is correct, Then once you program the system, you may add additional sites?

Correct?

Thanks

Woodie

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yes that is correct and hopefully a moderator will see this and move it to the Eastern Canada forum where you'll get much more help.

Program in the system, then the site closest to you and put your scanner into ID Search mode. This will make sure you've got the system and site programmed in correctly.

Then you can continue to add more sites and/or scan groups.

Woodie

Mike_Oxlong said:
Yes that is correct and hopefully a moderator will see this and move it to the Eastern Canada forum where you'll get much more help.

Program in the system, then the site closest to you and put your scanner into ID Search mode. This will make sure you've got the system and site programmed in correctly.

Then you can continue to add more sites and/or scan groups.

Great. Thanks for the response.

Now I have the site in Barry's Bay Ontario going finally. <phew>

To add more sites I simply "Edit more sites" Correct?

Seems Im getting everything and its brother on this site. OPP, Moh etc...

Now on to groups I guess. How are groups programmed? and for this scanner I suppose the 4 digit decimal number works correctly?

Cheers

Woodie

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you are using the ARC software then you can copy and paste additional sites. Then you just need to change the frequencies and name.

Or you can just use the scanners menu system itself to copy the site.

Yes, you need the decimal number which can range from 2 digits to 5 digits.

wyldman

Like mike said,you can easily copy and paste (to duplicate) your systems,then just edit the control channels for the correct frequencies for that tower.

Set up your groups so you can be selective in your scanning.Divide them up (ie:OPP,MTO maintenance,MTO enforcement,MOH,etc) and give each one a quick key so you can easily turn them on and off when it's busy.

I have some ARC396 files with most of the talkgroups organized.I could email you one and then you can just copy them to make more and set them up with your local towers.

scanman9

hi there i also am getting the bcd 996t hopefully it will be here this week. If you don't mind i would love those files as well it will give me a reference so i know i'm programing the scanner right. thanks alot

Last edited:

Woodie

wyldman said:
Like mike said,you can easily copy and paste (to duplicate) your systems,then just edit the control channels for the correct frequencies for that tower.

Set up your groups so you can be selective in your scanning.Divide them up (ie:OPP,MTO maintenance,MTO enforcement,MOH,etc) and give each one a quick key so you can easily turn them on and off when it's busy.

I have some ARC396 files with most of the talkgroups organized.I could email you one and then you can just copy them to make more and set them up with your local towers.

Yea - sure that would be great! thanks!

However, I listen, when at home to the Barry's Bay tower exculsively due to signal strength issues. I do get other towers but the signals are poor.

I have noticed the following.

On the Barrys Bay - Pembroke and Deep River towers the information being broad cast is the same. No difference at all. I have also noticed that "the talk groups" arent used as indicated in the Zone 2 band plan. The opp are all lumped together in one talk group. That would be killaloe Renfrew and pembroke areas. They all ID as 8544. Is this the norm?

Software - ARC - Where can I get it. I have the one that you can D/L from uniden. Is it one in the same?

Cheers.

Woodie

Woodie said:
Yea - sure that would be great! thanks!

However, I listen, when at home to the Barry's Bay tower exculsively due to signal strength issues. I do get other towers but the signals are poor.

I have noticed the following.

On the Barrys Bay - Pembroke and Deep River towers the information being broad cast is the same. No difference at all. I have also noticed that "the talk groups" arent used as indicated in the Zone 2 band plan. The opp are all lumped together in one talk group. That would be killaloe Renfrew and pembroke areas. They all ID as 8544. Is this the norm?

Software - ARC - Where can I get it. I have the one that you can D/L from uniden. Is it one in the same?

Cheers.

Forgot to give you my email. - ve3rzx@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.