bcd996t scanning all

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman24333

Premium Subscriber
my bcd996t is scanning everything that is preprogrammed and programmed. how do i stop it from scanning the preprogramed channels

JamesO

On the X96 scanners, by default, if a Quick Group/Favorite key is not configured then everything will be scanned.

So make sure a Quick Group/Favorite key are assigned to lists, then they lists can be turned on and off with the Quick Group/Favorite keys.

Last edited:

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hold down Function, then scroll over to the system and click L/O until it gets locked out.

iceman24333

Premium Subscriber
yea i ended uo having to do that to all the systems. someone had held down the l/o and unlocked all the channels and i did not know if there was a way to relock them all,

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Do you use a program? FreeSCAN is a great program and is very effective for managing all of your lockouts. I use it on my BCT15X.

iceman24333

Premium Subscriber
i am working on this for a friend. i actually have a pro 96. he is giving me a bd796d for fixing it for him so that is pretty cool. so as of now i have no cables to program with unless the cable from the pro 96 will work havent tried yet.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Most of the pre-programmed systems on the 996T are ancient and probably no longer "work". So rather than locking them out, I'd suggest deletion. That would free up memory in the scanner.

If you are using a computer with a Windows operating system previous to 8.0, you could get a Uniden USB-1 cable. That cable will connect to a USB port on your computer to the front port on the scanner.

You can the use any of the following software programs to program the scanner, to include deletion of the pre-programmed systems: Uniden's USAD (Free), FreeScan (Free), ARC 996 (cost) or ProScan (Free demo, then cost).

Status
Not open for further replies.