BCD996t settings for new Indiana P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosiers70

I have a bcd996t scanner and I have noticed I can't pick up Madison Co. ( I live in Wabash Co.) I usually pick them up off of the Marion tower. I'm assuming they have changed over to the P25. What do i change on my scanner to pick them up. I have the towers and the TGID's programmed in my scanner butI am not picking up any P25 traffic.I have the system set as MOT Type II / P25 ( It also has P25 Standard and P25 one freq trunk , but says they are for digital XT) and the sites I have set as MOT P25 / P25 Standard. Is this correct? Is there something else I have to change in my scanner? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Dwayne

hoosiers70

Thank you for the responses. I still want to make sure I am setting up my scanner to hear all P25 traffic when it arrives North, not just Madison county, that was an example I used. I have updated scanner to P25 Standard as was advised. Just curious it said for the XT model only.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
If the P25 Standard works on the T, that will be awesome. The XTs have a few extra features, and additional memory space it seems and can do quite a bit more on systems. You will want both SAFE-T systems for a couple more weeks anyway, until they flip the switch to P25 in Phase 4 up that way. Also be aware, the IDPS sites are all P25 LSM simulcast sites so you may experience multipath distortion depending on various settings, antenna, and your location in regards to the towers of the simulcast site.

If we can assist in any way, let us know. Welcome to the digital age. :D

What software are you using to prog that 996T?

INDY72

You may be near enough to get some of the SAFE-T P25 sites, and hear the difference between digital over analog (Motorola SmartZone), and pure digital (P25)...

Also be aware, that in just 4 or so years, they will begin massive implementation of P25 Phase II (TDMA) on the SAFE-T, so you may want to invest in an P2 capable scanner by then.

hoosiers70

I am using freescan to program.Right now i haven't had any hits on the P25. I have both programmed and marked so I know what is coming in. I also have it hooked up to my computer so I have a log of what I am getting and it set to ID Search.

GTO_04

I have a bcd996t scanner and I have noticed I can't pick up Madison Co. ( I live in Wabash Co.) I usually pick them up off of the Marion tower. I'm assuming they have changed over to the P25. What do i change on my scanner to pick them up. I have the towers and the TGID's programmed in my scanner butI am not picking up any P25 traffic.I have the system set as MOT Type II / P25 ( It also has P25 Standard and P25 one freq trunk , but says they are for digital XT) and the sites I have set as MOT P25 / P25 Standard. Is this correct? Is there something else I have to change in my scanner? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Dwayne

Has the Marion tower switched over to P25 yet? If not, that is probably why you are not picking it up, since the Madison County system is P25.

GTO_04

Last edited:

INDY72

Has the Marion tower switched over to P25 yet? If not, that is probably why you are not picking it up, since the Madison County system is P25.

GTO_04

As far as the SAFE-T goes, the NE section of the state is in the final phase, Phase 5, which they hope to have converted by the end of April, or end of May. So, anyone North/Northeast of Madison County is still on the old system.

Also be aware, that in just 4 or so years, they will begin massive implementation of P25 Phase II (TDMA) on the SAFE-T, so you may want to invest in an P2 capable scanner by then.

Does the channel loading require that expansion or is the state prepping for increased use in the future?
I've heard that phase 2 has better coverage similar to DMR, have you done any testing?

Are you at IWCE? I'm helping teach DAS today and tomorrow, be on the show floor Wed.

Status
Not open for further replies.