BCD996T Talkgroup Id Expanded Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

Not sure if this has been asked before, but this model has a limit of 250 talkgroup id's per system. With the consisted growth of the LWIN (Louisiana State 700 system) there are steady adding id's to the list. I have programmed many of the popular ones in my reception area and exceeded the 250 limit for this system and have many, many more I would love to add. I know the newer Uniden scanner gives you a limit of 500 but I know soon that 500 will still exceed that limit before this system is complete.
My question is: Is there any mods, updates or tricks to get this model to open up a higher limit or unlimited talkgroup id's. This really is a pain to have such a small amount of talkgroup id limits per system especially since there are so many large systems around country using a large amount of id's on the systems. Harris County, Tx is another good example. 20 groups per system is another issue. I wished there was a way to get more than 20 groups per system. That is just not enough. If there was some type of memory chip that can be switched out to allow more groups and id's per system.

If there is no way to change this in the scanner since I do use my computer with the Uniden software to control my scanner most of the time unless I take it mobile is there a software that you can control, program and monitor on your cpu monitor that will allow you to program and store more than the 20 groups and 250 Talkgroup ID's per system and store them in the software?
Of course I do understand that when I disonnect the scanner from the computer to go mobile I will only have the standard scanner limits.

Thanks

sjlamb

You need to break up the system by creating duplicate systems that contain the same sites and trunked frequencies but put different groups and talkgroups under each of the systems. Maybe put all your local and State Police in one, all fire and ems in another... however many you need to fit them all into memory.

Also... if you do not already know how to assign and use "Quick Keys"..... take the time to learn. They are the key to programming flexability.

Last edited:

kilowa22

Not sure if this has been asked before, but this model has a limit of 250 talkgroup id's per system. With the consisted growth of the LWIN (Louisiana State 700 system) there are steady adding id's to the list. I have programmed many of the popular ones in my reception area and exceeded the 250 limit for this system and have many, many more I would love to add. I know the newer Uniden scanner gives you a limit of 500 but I know soon that 500 will still exceed that limit before this system is complete.
My question is: Is there any mods, updates or tricks to get this model to open up a higher limit or unlimited talkgroup id's. This really is a pain to have such a small amount of talkgroup id limits per system especially since there are so many large systems around country using a large amount of id's on the systems. Harris County, Tx is another good example. 20 groups per system is another issue. I wished there was a way to get more than 20 groups per system. That is just not enough. If there was some type of memory chip that can be switched out to allow more groups and id's per system.

If there is no way to change this in the scanner since I do use my computer with the Uniden software to control my scanner most of the time unless I take it mobile is there a software that you can control, program and monitor on your cpu monitor that will allow you to program and store more than the 20 groups and 250 Talkgroup ID's per system and store them in the software?
Of course I do understand that when I disonnect the scanner from the computer to go mobile I will only have the standard scanner limits.

Thanks

With computer control you can create a TGID L/O list, put the radio in ID search mode and if a TGID in the list matches it could be L/O by the program.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you try using IDTracker?? I believe that's a 'selling point' (even though it's freeware) to the software, that it allows you to track more IDs than you really have access to in the scanner.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.