bcd996t uasd programming Colorado DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to manually program the colorado DTRS system using UASD software. It won;t let me type in the control frequencies for the groups. I can cut and paste, but then it disappears. Also, do I need to double list the control in the freq. blocks as well?

Another question, I am using the stock "colorado" group to scan state patrol and I have not heard anything for 3 days now. I locked out a lot of the stuff too far away, but kept the sites near me open. What else should I check?

Also, do i need to do somethign special with the secondary control freqs? If so, where?
Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The stock file was made just as the Colorado system was being put on the air, so it is likely missing many talk groups. I'd put it in ID Search mode. Also, check the database to be sure that no new control channels have been discovered on any of the sites you are monitoring.

For that system, you only need to enter the primary and alternate control channel frequencies for each site. I can't find a scenario where the frequency disappears after you enter it. Nor do I know what you are asking about regarding double listing the control...

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
The stock file was made just as the Colorado system was being put on the air, so it is likely missing many talk groups. I'd put it in ID Search mode. Also, check the database to be sure that no new control channels have been discovered on any of the sites you are monitoring.

For that system, you only need to enter the primary and alternate control channel frequencies for each site. I can't find a scenario where the frequency disappears after you enter it. Nor do I know what you are asking about regarding double listing the control...

Just to confirm, I only need to put in the alternate control freqs?
Thanks.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Correct, you only need to enter the primary and secondary (or alternate) control frequencies.

jfab

Also, more than likely, that file was pre-reband. All the CC's on the Colorado DTRS have been rebanded. Check the DB to see if you have the correct CC's. Also, you might want to take this to the Colorado Forum...

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
If I only enter the control channels, where do I enter the other non-control freqs? I noticed a lot of the CCs are in fact different, so I think I'm just going to manually enter everything.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You need not enter the non-control channels. The scanner will acquire them from the control channel's data stream 73 Mike

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
You need not enter the non-control channels. The scanner will acquire them from the control channel's data stream 73 Mike

Awesome! Thanks so much. I'm learning as I go with this new scanner. I am so impressed so far with the bcd996t. I'm glad I spent the money.

dougjgray

A word of caution on cut and pasting in usad on the bcd996 from my experience if you get characters in the file the 996 will stop loading at the bad character and stop loading and you wont get the whole file, I dont think usad will strip the inappropriate charcters. Just advice it happened to me

Status
Not open for further replies.