bcd996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandude43

Premium Subscriber
Hello Folks, I tried to update my firmware on my bcd996t when i lost the connection between the computer and the scanner i was able to get the scanner back by using the v1.4 i found that although, the unit works I lost the vol and sq. indicators can some help me i am also looking for v2.06 firmware do i have to send this unit out. thanks

kilowa22

Reset it by pressing Hold, 2 & 9 keys when you turn the radio on. Then reload the firmware update you want to apply.

S

Scandude71

Thank you, for the replies to my question about the firmware update, thou it seems the screen still doesnt display either the volume nor sq. Also I cannot seem to get the right code to put in to get to the correct firm ware i am using 1.4 and would like 3.01 anyone that has the same problem or no the answer

jackj

Update

Thank you, for the replies to my question about the firmware update, thou it seems the screen still doesnt display either the volume nor sq. Also I cannot seem to get the right code to put in to get to the correct firm ware i am using 1.4 and would like 3.01 anyone that has the same problem or no the answer

If the unit is working with v 1.4 firmware, then you should be able to download the latest update from Uniden again and apply it using the same codes you used the first time. The volume and squelch indicator numbers were added on a later update than the one you are currently running so they won't be there.

scandude43

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't work

Reset it by pressing Hold, 2 & 9 keys when you turn the radio on. Then reload the firmware update you want to apply.

I ve that a number of times plus i registered at unidens website and the keys they are sending the computer says wrong key i need help please someone

jackj

Your help

I ve that a number of times plus i registered at unidens website and the keys they are sending the computer says wrong key i need help please someone

Be sure that you do ALL of the updates listed on Uniden's web site, including the one for the electronic serial number. It you still can't get the update, call Uniden's help desk and explain the problem to them. I personally don't know what the problem might be. You said that you were downloading the update when you lost the connection to your scanner so the keys did work at one time.

Squidward85

BCD996T Fire Tone Out Question

I figured this looked like a generic place to post my question about the 996T.

My question is, will the 996T ever be able to decode fire tones on its own like the 996XT? Is it a hardware issue or a software(firmware) issue? I own both but I would really like to see the 996T start decoding fire tones. Is it within the realm of possibility or just wishful thinking?

Thanks for any input.

jackj

Huh?

I figured this looked like a generic place to post my question about the 996T.

My question is, will the 996T ever be able to decode fire tones on its own like the 996XT? Is it a hardware issue or a software(firmware) issue? I own both but I would really like to see the 996T start decoding fire tones. Is it within the realm of possibility or just wishful thinking?

Thanks for any input.

What do you mean by "decode fire tones"? If you mean for it to give an alert when a certain tone sequence is received, it will do that. Read the manual, it explains how to program the tone frequencies into the scanner. If you mean to display the tone frequencies like it does the PL and DPL's then the answer is probably no.

Squidward85

Fire Tone Out Search

I meant if I set A tone and B tone to 0.0 then any tone would activate it and display like the 996XT. "Decode" was the best word I could think of. "Fire Tone Out Search - built-in frequency counter displays the received tones." Will the original 996T ever have that ability?

Thanks

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I meant if I set A tone and B tone to 0.0 then any tone would activate it and display like the 996XT. "Decode" was the best word I could think of. "Fire Tone Out Search - built-in frequency counter displays the received tones." Will the original 996T ever have that ability?

Thanks

Nope. To have the feature of Fire Tone Out Decode one needs a 396XT or 996XT.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.