Bcd996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go-24

What software are you using to transfer data to your scanner?

Butel doesnt seem to have a program yet ... and my 996 was on my doorstep when I got home tonight.

Go-24

Is that the only option at this time? Guess this thing will collect dust until Butel delivers. hmph!

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Uniden is free - so instead of using software you may not like as much as Butel's (but is available today and costs MUCH MUCH less) you're going to let the radio sit? Interesting philosophy ;>

Go-24

Well I have never used the uniden software, used butel since day 1 with every scanner I have (just got into scanning couple months ago.)

I downloaded the uniden software, but havent a clue as to where to begin. Maybe it takes more knowledge of scanners than the easy as click 1-2-3 the Butel experience offers.

I have toyed with it for the last hour and still the 996 says "nothing to scan" - had both my 246 and the 396 up and scanning what I wanted in minutes. Im a plug and play person, screw the damn manuals it shouldnt be that difficult.

Maybe after this migraine goes away I can think clearer :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
edit - I have it up and scanning - maybe it wasnt that difficult after all. I still like butel though :) nana - nana - nana

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You can always start by copying your 396 system files over into BCD996T_UASD. They won't have all the GPS coordinates (and some of the other things unique to the 996), but it would give you a jump start. Then make up a configuration & load it to the scanner.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Enter your system info, add that to the config, and then write to scanner. Make sure you enter your keycode too in the write section...

Go-24

I took a deep breath and actually figured it out pretty quickly. Now to play and tweak ;)

RISC777

Do some manual programming, that's always good for you. You'll learn the scanner better that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.