BCD996XT and Pro96Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

brscanning

Just got my new scanner today and wanted to try out Pro96Com. I got it all working but every time an ID becomes active the scanner follows the ID. I have been searching but I have not found a way to make the scanner hold on the control channel and just decode the data. BTW, I am not impressed with Uniden's idea of a manual.

Is there a way to make the BCD996XT simply hold on the control channel so that data can be analyzed?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Just got my new scanner today and wanted to try out Pro96Com. I got it all working but every time an ID becomes active the scanner follows the ID. I have been searching but I have not found a way to make the scanner hold on the control channel and just decode the data. BTW, I am not impressed with Uniden's idea of a manual.

Is there a way to make the BCD996XT simply hold on the control channel so that data can be analyzed?

Select hold mode then tune to whichever CC you want to decode. You will still see IDs flash up on the display but you should hear nothing but the CC data stream noise.
Marshall KE4ZNR

SCPD

QRT
The '396XT and '996XT provide control channel data to the program. The '396T and '996T models do not. You can use the "T" models as a second radio for voice following but not for decoding.

jaskel

Premium Subscriber
oh ok..thats a major bummer considering the T models are the most popular out there.

Would like to see their support soon ;)

jaskel

Premium Subscriber
bummer..id love to be able to update aussie f/w to usa one....dont seem to be able to from what I read...the USA firmware has better P25 decoding.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
996xt

The '396XT and '996XT provide control channel data to the program. The '396T and '996T models do not. You can use the "T" models as a second radio for voice following but not for decoding.

I tried it with my 996XT and I couldn't get it to work either.

Yes, I turned on the CC Output
Yes, I tried both FRONT and BACK ports
Yes, I got rid of all other COMM ports and just had COMM 1 with the original RS232 cable from UNIDEN and nothing.
Oh and YES, I had a CC on HOLD

Even tried a USB-1 cable....Do you need another circuit board for this program?

mikey60

Yes, I got rid of all other COMM ports and just had COMM 1 with the original RS232 cable from UNIDEN and nothing.

Did you set the correct scanner type on the Decode Configuration page in Pro96Com?

Mike

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber

You say you had a CC on HOLD. You have to have a CC programmed into a system (into memory) and then have the radio holding on the CC in memory.
Also: Which system are you trying to monitor with Pro96Com?
If it is the SAFE-T system that appears to be a 3600 Kb Moto system which Pro96Com only handles pure P25 9600 Kb Moto Systems.
To monitor SAFE-T it appears you need to use one of the 3600 Kb following programs like Trunk88 or Unitrunker.
Marshall KE4ZNR

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Unitracker

You say you had a CC on HOLD. You have to have a CC programmed into a system (into memory) and then have the radio holding on the CC in memory.
Also: Which system are you trying to monitor with Pro96Com?
If it is the SAFE-T system that appears to be a 3600 Kb Moto system which Pro96Com only handles pure P25 9600 Kb Moto Systems.
To monitor SAFE-T it appears you need to use one of the 3600 Kb following programs like Trunk88 or Unitrunker.
Marshall KE4ZNR

I have tried to get UNITRACKER to work also and it wouldn't work either. But, I did consider the problem might have been as you stated that it wasn't a true 9600 system.

I was able to see some CC Data in PROSCAN albeit kinda useless info

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd post my problem here:

I have my BCD996XT held on a P25 trunking system, with the SID coming up, and Pro96Com plugged in and I've hit Start Data Decode.
I'm not getting anything at all come up in the screen, I have also tried Unitrunker, same deal.
I am on the MMR network, Melbourne.
Have tried a few sites to no avail.
COM cable is in the front jack.

What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.