BCD996XT Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

paragould12

Hi My Bride Gave Me A Bcd996xt For B-Day. I Used Freescan To Program It Everthing Is Great. Except
Dispatch Is Louder Than Officer On Paragould Pd,Greene Co So,Jonesboro PD. My Stronger Channels. AGC Is On. Is There Away To Level The Audio On Channels. Thank You .

kilowa22

Hi My Bride Gave Me A Bcd996xt For B-Day. I Used Freescan To Program It Everthing Is Great. Except
Dispatch Is Louder Than Officer On Paragould Pd,Greene Co So,Jonesboro PD. My Stronger Channels. AGC Is On. Is There Away To Level The Audio On Channels. Thank You .

The next time the channel or talk group you are wanting to increase or decrease volume on is active press
HOLD > Func > LVL
(The 5 key)
repeatedly to change the volume level only for that channel or TG.

paragould12

Will This Level The Audio Or Just Change The Volume? If I Decrease The Volume For Dispath Its To
Low For Officer Repley. Can The AGC Settings Be Chaneged To Better Control Audio Level The Scanner Receiving? Thank You For Help.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it is on the same channel, nothing you can do except find the officer and train him for proper radio protocol (he is likely talking past a shoulder mic instead of into the mic or similar).

AGC can level balance some, but cannot compensate for extremes.

frankcastle

I have the same problem all the time. Dispatchers are usually about the same loudness. When it comes to the other end of the radio, it just depends on who it is. Some officers sound like they are literally screaming into the mic, and others sound like they whisper. Like UPMan said, nothing much you can do about that except teach them how to use the mic.

Bonzai

Premium Subscriber
The next time the channel or talk group you are wanting to increase or decrease volume on is active press
HOLD > Func > LVL
(The 5 key)
repeatedly to change the volume level only for that channel or TG.

Is there a way to do the same thing on the BCD996T?

Digger

Not sure which trunk/conventional system your monitoring but one trick I've been doing is on my conventional P25 systems in my area (non-federal) is to program them as a single channel P25 trunk system, find out the TG id for the dispatch and then the TG id for the portable. When programming the system with 2 differant ID's you can adjust the volume of dispatch seperate from the portables, not a perfect fix but better.

hiyudurin

The reason this happens is due to the officer. In the area were I work some officers that are talking on mobile radios will not take the mic off the holder and place it up to their mouth, they will just key it up in the holder and talk. This makes them hard to hear. Its really aggravating when you are wearing a shoulder mic, you have to turn up the radio to hear that officer then when dispatch talks it blows your head off. When I work with these officers I just keep telling them to repeat their transmission until they use the mic like they are supposed to. Its the same few that cause the problem.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I have the same problem all the time. Dispatchers are usually about the same loudness. When it comes to the other end of the radio, it just depends on who it is. Some officers sound like they are literally screaming into the mic, and others sound like they whisper. Like UPMan said, nothing much you can do about that except teach them how to use the mic.

You should here Colorado State Patrol! :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.