BCD996XT Chopping in Priority Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBE

Premium Subscriber
My BCD996XT seems to be chopping transmissions when in "Priority Mode"? I've tried changing some of the delay perimeters but still chops audio? Works great outside of Priority Mode..
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thank you, J. Becker

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
That's normal.

The scanner has to interrupt the transmission to check the priority channel for activity.

If you search the site, you'll see plenty of questions about Priority.

Changing the Parameters won't help, Except for Priority Do Not Disturb

Read about
Priority Modes

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Hello not that far from you! :)

The PRI button is used JUST FOR analog frequencies. For Clare county the fire dispatch still using 155.265 so I assume thats what you have as priority. If Clare pages out over the MPSCS as well as 155.265 and I suspect they do, you could turn off PRI and eliminate the skipping.

To put talkgroups on priority you need to put the priority setting to on for the system(county or city that is) and in turn turn on priority for the talkgroups you want. Understand you CANT just arbitrarily turn on priority for any talkgroups like with analog. The talkgroups in order to work as priority MUST also be set for priority officially by the radio system 911 itself. Normally fire, police dispatches work on priority, sometimes others will too.
Way I found the otter talkgroups using priority officially was turned on priority for talkgroups I suspected were. Then when I knew they were being used I manually would HOLD on a different talkgroup and if the scanner switched to the other talkgroup I set for priority, then I knew that is set for priority officially.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.