Bcd996xt control ch output ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
I thank Uniden for sending out the control protocol for BCD996XT with the last firmware upgrade.

This is in reference to - using the option in the settings menu to send control channel data to the output.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of existing software that can retrieve control channel data in a formatted way. Or even use this data to control the way the radio scans in trunking mode.
I dumped this data in MicroSoft hyperterminal. Is any of this data in binary mode or am I looking at control codes that are unreadable .
What kind of trunking systems can control data be sent out for besides Motorola?

Did not see any mention of output formatting of the control channel data output in the protocol unless I missed it. Still looking.

I wrote software for pretty much what I wanted. - To make a couple dozen simple Software buttons to make complex menu changes. I wrote a Bandscope utility that really works unlike you know who. I dumped all the systems and groups and I can turn All the control keys on or off or ten at a time etc with simple button clicks. A lot of nice stuff to augment Free scan and ARC XT. I used Visual basic 6.0. Retrieving DMA data in object event driven software is a pip. I had to create several timers and buttons and looped them in a serial manner to retrieve the memory data in a formatted mode and dumped it to a file. Wish I knew more about using VB6 database programming could be cool tool. But I’m a hardware kind of guy. I wrote a couple of forms to remote control the radio but thats already been done. I wrote somre nice stuff for seaching and setup for searching. Made it easy to set up priorities etc.

I was wondering if anybody out there wrote an instrument control module in National Instruments Labview for BCD996XT. I’ve written such things at work for controlling test instruments and calibration etc via mostly IEEE interface. Was thinking about doing it myself.
Could be time consuming but fun. I understand LabView is the number one software tool used at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider. Would be fun to have it control my radadio. LOL

SCPD

QRT
I thank Uniden for sending out the control protocol for BCD996XT with the last firmware upgrade.

This is in reference to - using the option in the settings menu to send control channel data to the output.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of existing software that can retrieve control channel data in a formatted way. Or even use this data to control the way the radio scans in trunking mode.
I dumped this data in MicroSoft hyperterminal. Is any of this data in binary mode or am I looking at control codes that are unreadable .
What kind of trunking systems can control data be sent out for besides Motorola?

Did not see any mention of output formatting of the control channel data output in the protocol unless I missed it. Still looking.

I wrote software for pretty much what I wanted. - To make a couple dozen simple Software buttons to make complex menu changes. I wrote a Bandscope utility that really works unlike you know who. I dumped all the systems and groups and I can turn All the control keys on or off or ten at a time etc with simple button clicks. A lot of nice stuff to augment Free scan and ARC XT. I used Visual basic 6.0. Retrieving DMA data in object event driven software is a pip. I had to create several timers and buttons and looped them in a serial manner to retrieve the memory data in a formatted mode and dumped it to a file. Wish I knew more about using VB6 database programming could be cool tool. But I’m a hardware kind of guy. I wrote a couple of forms to remote control the radio but thats already been done. I wrote somre nice stuff for seaching and setup for searching. Made it easy to set up priorities etc.

I was wondering if anybody out there wrote an instrument control module in National Instruments Labview for BCD996XT. I’ve written such things at work for controlling test instruments and calibration etc via mostly IEEE interface. Was thinking about doing it myself.
Could be time consuming but fun. I understand LabView is the number one software tool used at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider. Would be fun to have it control my radadio. LOL

The output is ASCII in hexadecimal format. I know you can use trunk88 for 3600 BPS systems MOT TRS. It will put output for LTR, EDACS and Motorola. See the BCD396XT complete reference guide for the output format.
For 9600 BPS trunked systems PRO96Comm can be used. I don't know if Unitrunker supports the data output from Uniden radios or not.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Trunked Radio Decoders - The RadioReference Wiki

Both the 396XT and 996XT can send the CC Date output to be used with the following Trunking Decoders:

For 3600 Baud P16 Moto Systems (Analog or Analog/Digital):
--Unitrunker
--Trunk88

For 9600 Baud P25 Moto Systems
--Pro96Com

For Analog EDACS/EDACS ESK
--Unitrunker

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.