BCD996XT FM Broadcast Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJX

While getting to know my new BCD996XT I started fooling with its FM capabilities.

However, I noticed that some stations right at the edge of the FMB band do not come in with this scanner.
If I listen to the radio they come in just fine.

Example,
Where I live, we have a station at 107.9.
A little weeker than most stations but it still come in quite well on a regular FM radio.
On this scanner, I get a lot of interference from another station, static, and in the background, the actual station.

If I turn on the attenuator feature, I get the station really weak but with no interference from another station.

On the flip side,
There is a station that is ~50miles away (102.7) that I usually don't pick up with regular FM radios but this scanner picks it up pretty well.

Really weird...
Any thoughts?
Suggestions?

No one radio is alike ,so even if you adjusted it for the edge of the band then you would probably loose sensitivity or selectivity at another part of the band,so theres no winning.Your radio is what it is.
Its tuned that way.The scanner is getting interference and doesnt know what to do with it.Did you try the ATT.? (attenuator) for that frequency? Your antenna's location could come into play here.
I have three antennas that I can use with my 996Xt and each one makes it behave different.
I use a comet Gp-15 most of the time,it blows away my discone scanner antenna.
This scanner works decent for most frequencies.

DJX

Yeah okay,
Thanks for the thoughts...

I got a AOR DS3000A mounted to my chimney (highest I could get it), run with RG6 Quad Shielded
I didn't put any type of amp on the line becuase the specs of the cable say anywhere from .5 - 7db (5-1000mhz) loss @ 100ft (I ran less than 100ft)
I think that's pretty minimal, do you agree?

Like I said, I tried the ATT on that freq and it makes it come in, but then it's real weak.

You said, you have multiple antennas...do you team them or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.