BCD996xt..how to do a trunk search ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye10

Premium Subscriber
I just got my 996 last week and I am trying to figure out how to find the Dorn VA Hospital here in Columbia SC

I have another post in on this and a fellow member told me that all VA Hospitals can typically be found in the 406-420 band or 162-174 mhz range

How do I setup the 996 to do a custom search and find the control channels and then auto store them ?

I did a wiki search and did not find anything on this particular topic.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When you set up the custom search, set the "Set C-Ch Only" option to "On."

Note that if it is a Motorola system, you'll also need to figure out the band plan, which means you'll have to find all the system frequencies (not something you can do in C-Ch Only mode) and figure out what LCN is being used for each frequency (not something you can do with just the scanner), then derive the base/step/offset that will result in the LCN contained in the channel grant corresponding to the voice channel frequency.

hawkeye10

Premium Subscriber
Holy Cow Batman

No wonder it is not working.

I think I will wait and let someone else figure it out. This sounds way to complicated for me.

Thanks UPMan

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
With a non-federal system, the step of determining all the frequencies is easier (since you can look them up at the FCC's site). But, a VA hospital will have a federal system, which won't be in the FCC database.

What I outline isn't impossible to do...just not as simple as finding the control channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.