BCD396XT/BCD996XT: BCD996XT issue

bigron48185

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, My BCD996XT restarts on it's own frequently. I thought maybe it was the cord, tried another cord, still did it. Anybody have any experience with this issue that may be able to help me? Thanks in advance

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Are you moving it when it happens? If yes, could be the jack where the cord plugs in.

What kind of cord? USB? If so, what's powering that? A wall wart or USB port on a pc?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I would try cleaning and reseating plugs inside, especially the ones to the volume control. Remove the knob to the volume control and see if you can find a space to spray cleaner. Hopefully, you can get some on the power switch. Have the switch off when you spray it to have a gap in the contacts. Exercise the switch after spraying. Also. check the solder connections on the coaxial power jack. They can break loose from the pressure when you plug in the power cable.

bigron48185

Premium Subscriber
Are you moving it when it happens? If yes, could be the jack where the cord plugs in.

What kind of cord? USB? If so, what's powering that? A wall wart or USB port on a pc?
I'm using the original power cord plugged into an outlet. The scanner is sitting stationary

bigron48185

Premium Subscriber
I would try cleaning and reseating plugs inside, especially the ones to the volume control. Remove the knob to the volume control and see if you can find a space to spray cleaner. Hopefully, you can get some on the power switch. Have the switch off when you spray it to have a gap in the contacts. Exercise the switch after spraying. Also. check the solder connections on the coaxial power jack. They can break loose from the pressure when you plug in the power cable.
I'm not too sure of myself to open it up and reseat the plugs or touch anything inside

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
What you are describing is typical of what happens when the transformer breaks down on the power cord... if you have another power supply cord try that out first. I've had to replace a couple of them that came with the 996XT's and the older 996T.