BCD396XT/BCD996XT: BCD996XT ISSUES (clipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtp

and make sure the squelch is set to 2or 3 and a lower signal that you stated would cause this.
lower signal = dropout.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Im having clipping issues on ,my bcd996xt scanner here is a link to my feed so you can hear it for yourself. the clipping noise matches up with a flicker of the signal strength on the scanner. any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Willmar Police, Fire and EMS (broadcastify.com)

The linked feed shows as offline.

in addition to priority scan, make sure Close Call and Weather Priority are turned off. Does it sound like the audio is cutting off - such as the scanner is briefly tuning to another frequency?

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Also make sure the mode is set correctly. If there is CTCSS/CDCSS try disabling it.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Do you run multiple scanners at the same time? I have a BCT8 in my kitchen that will cause this on my 996XT about 20 ft away in the office. Only affects a couple of analog mutual aid frequencies that have no ctcss tones on my 996, It only happens if when there is traffic on those channels, usually I have to scroll up a channel or press scan again.

schulz476

Feed Provider
ANOTHER ISSUE ARISES! I bought a 3.5mm trs to usb adapter to be able to live stream on a new computer that doesnt have a mic. in port. first one worked for a couple days then got warm and quit working. the replacement they sent went out instantly. what is a good brand to get since the amazon reccomends ones are crap?

toad99

Premium Subscriber
Simulcast issues can cause the signal meter to pulsate along with the audio. This applies to both analog and digital systems.

mikeyp

San Diego county is phase 2 will fall back to phase one on older radios a feature Motorola made. I receive well with phase 2 talk groups showing on my scanner and it still scans i loaded all 20 frequencies for west simulcast . My scanner is decoding all traffic showing phase 2 talk groups.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
San Diego county is phase 2 will fall back to phase one on older radios a feature Motorola made. I receive well with phase 2 talk groups showing on my scanner and it still scans i loaded all 20 frequencies for west simulcast . My scanner is decoding all traffic showing phase 2 talk groups.
The reason for this is that the talkgroups you are hearing are FDMA (Mode "D"). If they decide to switch them to TDMA (two-slot Mode "T" or worse, encrypted mode "TE") then your 996XT will no longer be able to follow them. This is described here...
1642443956829.png

Last edited:

mikeyp

West simulcast receives well and it still trunks when i hold on a talk group. Right now listing to VTA 30tac2 talk group id 2142.

n4yek

I had an issue similar to your's with a different Uniden scanner, a 396.
What I found was when the audio was clipping and I set the squelch to zero
the clipping stopped and the audio sounded good. I never could resolve the
problem. Try that and see if it stops for you too, I would be curious.

schulz476

Feed Provider
I had an issue similar to your's with a different Uniden scanner, a 396.
What I found was when the audio was clipping and I set the squelch to zero
the clipping stopped and the audio sounded good. I never could resolve the
problem. Try that and see if it stops for you too, I would be curious.
tried that before and it didnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.