BCD996XT Keypad Won't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5LVB

Keypad will not work on any functions. I have tried to 'reset' scanner to factory default, but it will not reset, possibly because the keypad digits and the HOLD button doesn't work. I have tried all the Key Lock (Unlock) procedures I can find online. HELP PLEASE!

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Just doing a search on the site in the upper right "Search" found recent one, its a common problem, open up the radio and reset/push the ribbon cable.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
As stated, check the ribbon connector. You will need to open up the radio. Look for the connector that attaches to the keypad... carefully remove and replace a couple of times taking care to assure the connector pins are aligned. Do not force it but apply enough push to “seat” the connector. Doing it a couple of times causes the connector to scrape/clean the connection points. Wondering if the radio gets handled frequently? Meaning has it been dropped, subjected to rough handling? Is the atmosphere in which it resides a factory or auto battery shop that may have minor amounts of battery acid floating in the air? ... a caustic environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.