BCD996XT locks up when scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

icefireguy

I have installed the newest firmware update in my BCD996XT and it still locks up after radio transmissions are received. When locked up, I hear any and all radio transmissions on the entire trunked system. I assume it's a setting that needs changing but I'll be damned if I can find it. Can anyone offer any suggestions. This is being used on the Lee County, FL Motorola trunked system. Thank you.

captclint

Mentor
I have installed the newest firmware update in my BCD996XT and it still locks up after radio transmissions are received. When locked up, I hear any and all radio transmissions on the entire trunked system. I assume it's a setting that needs changing but I'll be damned if I can find it. Can anyone offer any suggestions. This is being used on the Lee County, FL Motorola trunked system. Thank you.
Does this happen only on Lee Cty? Does it never resume scanning?

icefireguy

I only use it in Lee County and yes, after varying times it stops doing it and scans again normally. I would say it does it at least 50% of the time it receives a transmission. it sounds like an open mike when it does it and I hear everything from jail guards to animal control officers till it decides to start scanning again. It did this once before when they rebanded but stopped on it's own after several weeks. This time it's gone on for a couple months.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Make sure your squelch is set to 2 or higher.

Make sure "Set End Code" is enabled in your "Edit System Options".

I had a similar situation on our county trunked system where there was an unknown source of interference on one of the frequencies which prevented it from continuing to scan. Try to see if this is occurring on the same frequency every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.