BCD996XT Out of Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiyudurin

Does anyone have any idea why a lot of places are out of stock of 996xt. Are there plans for a new model? I want to order one but this makes me a little apprehensive. I only trust a few internet suppliers and most are out of stock. Thanks for any insight.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
It's extremely popular especially now that lots and lots of places have gone with digital and trunking and the 996XT and 396XT are arguably the best scanners for these new systems....notice I said "arguably"...lol Anyway these scanners just came out next year and it's very unlikely that these are already considered "old" by any means. I'd check on E-bay if I were you. That's where I bought mine for $474.99 flat shipping included and no tax charged!

K

kb0nly

A lot of used BC796D's have been showing up on eBay, i think a lot of people have been upgrading... Thats how i got mine.

I have also noticed the 996XT has been thinning out on eBay, most of them are sold and gone.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Try scannermaster...despite the site saying they're out of stock, usually they have them. I went on the email list, and was emailed within a day that they had the 996. Of course, if you can't find a 996, you can also go with a GRE PSR600 :)

hiyudurin

Just ordered one on ebay for 527.95 with free shipping. Thanks for the quick replies.

lancewheatley

found one

Hey all, just bought my 996 from Bearcat Warehouse. They are not out of stock, only thing I am disappointed about is that they claim shipping same day. I ordered mine last friday March 12, and they just shipped it on the 17th. Oh well, looking forward to getting it!

K4APR

Try scannermaster...despite the site saying they're out of stock, usually they have them. I went on the email list, and was emailed within a day that they had the 996. Of course, if you can't find a 996, you can also go with a GRE PSR600 :)

I called them last week to inquire and they said they were out and did not have an expected delivery date on future stock. Same went for the RH96 control head. I was looking to order one of each that day.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Just checked some of the ham store web sites.

• R&L Electronics -- special order
  • The Ham Station -- no indication of in stock or out of stock
  • Ham Radio Outlet -- in stock
  • Amateur Electronic Supply -- no indication of in stock or out of stock

garys

Premium Subscriber
I called them last week to inquire and they said they were out and did not have an expected delivery date on future stock. Same went for the RH96 control head. I was looking to order one of each that day.

Unfortunately, unless Uniden decides to make another run of RH96s I don't think we'll see any new ones on the market.

tatanka01

Premium Subscriber
Just ordered a 996XT from Universal Radio this week. $495 - shipped yesterday. Universal seems a little slow on shipping, but I've never had a problem with them.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Just checked some of the ham store web sites.

• R&L Electronics -- special order
  • The Ham Station -- no indication of in stock or out of stock
  • Ham Radio Outlet -- in stock
  • Amateur Electronic Supply -- no indication of in stock or out of stock

Yes we have them I am not aware of any shortage on that model.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Yes we have them I am not aware of any shortage on that model.

I will step up and give support to Jeff over at Ham Station. Have bought from them in the past and always have had good experiences! :)

Thanks for the good experiences Jeff!

Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.