BCD996XT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromdome35

Premium Subscriber
I'm listening to a the Arkansas AWIN (P25 system). When the scanner hits a transmission on this system the audio starts then cuts out for about a half second every few seconds. Why is this happening? Do I have the scanner setup wrong?

swstow

Premium Subscriber
do you have multi systems in the radio and it only does it on this system if so , sorry cant help but if you only listen to that system first thing I would check is the weather priority setting , the priority setting will check automatic every few seconds for a weather alert tone and that could be all that s wrong

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm listening to a the Arkansas AWIN (P25 system). When the scanner hits a transmission on this system the audio starts then cuts out for about a half second every few seconds. Why is this happening? Do I have the scanner setup wrong?
Priority, Weather Alert, and Close Call are three things that would cause a brief interruption in your reception, on a regular (every 'x' seconds) basis.

Chromdome35

Premium Subscriber
I turned off Weather Alert and that seems to have taken care of it.

I guess you just turn that on when there is severe weather possible.

Thanks for your help!

swstow

Premium Subscriber
depending on what program your using ( if ARC ) go to scanner . drop down window to configuration to weather/fips enter the noaa code for your area and you will be set if a weather alert is in your area the scanner will auto tune to noaa / the pri weather setting does a generic search for the tone , setting the SAME code the alert only triggers for your area

Status
Not open for further replies.